★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Scavenge Wars is a multiplayer online item collection game. Players can scavenge, trade, or fight each other to gain possession of hundreds of interesting items. Findable items range from 'Spaghetti and Ham' to 'Damascus Steel Swords'

Scavenge Wars rewards strategic thinking as well as bold risk taking. Once a useful inventory is obtained, you can choose to trade with others for items of interest or if you're feeling more aggressive, you can use your items to wage combat against opponents to take what you desire.

Scavenge Wars is a lightweight homage to role-playing (RPG) and loot collection games. Your addiction level is guaranteed to rise the more you play!

Scavenge Wars is designed for the casual player and can be played in the free time between normal daily activities. However, more serious players will find a deep system of interaction complete with leaderboards and stat tracking. Whenever you have time to kill whether waiting in line for a movie, commuting to work, in the restroom, or simply need a quick break during school or work Scavenge Wars is the perfect app!

Features:
Over 1400 unique items available.
Sets of items can be combined to create new, more powerful items.
Special kits to improve you items' strength.
A Duffel Bag to store and conceal your most valuable items.
Research dozens of unique configurations of each item.
Real-time interaction with other players.
Hostile encounters with non-player characters.
Community forum for game discussion.
Uniquely tailored sounds and effects.
Detailed breakdown of game statistics.

ScavengeWars's comments:
Hey everybody, I'm the developer of Scavenge Wars. It's been out for a few months now and I've been improving the game constantly with the players' feedback. The game has a pretty dedicated active user base with a lot of forum discussions here: http://www.jerichogames.com/boards/loot/

I'm very active on the forums and in the game, trying to make it better every week. Please come check it out or ask questions.

06-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Great game, lots of people to play with, learning curve isn't that high and other players gladly answer your question. Only problem with the game, you may find yourself addicted and end up spending lots of times at all hours of the day/night playing it.

06-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Game Impressions

This game is amazing, and every week it seems to get more and more amazing thanks to our awesome dev! He's really part of the community and is great. Anyways back to the game itself. This is the most addicting game you've played, but it does take one or two days of actually trying to learn how to play to get the hang of it. When you first start playing this game you may check it every hour or so, but soon youll find yourself checking it every half hour, then every fifteen minutes and so on. Id suggest everyone to try this game out!
06-05-2012, 02:22 PM
The same situation as with this Fantasia or sth like that. This is even the same type of game. The one, imo, which is boring and there are no more games needed...
2 posts of guys with 1 post being amazed with this game which is nothing special. There is nothing a potential gamer would keep an eye on.
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomekSzymek View Post
The same situation as with this Fantasia or sth like that. This is even the same type of game. The one, imo, which is boring and there are no more games needed...
2 posts of guys with 1 post being amazed with this game which is nothing special. There is nothing a potential gamer would keep an eye on.
Yes, there are some similarities between Scavenge Wars and Fantasia seeing as they're both text based mmo's (thats pretty much it), and I can agree that Fantasia is boring. (I've played it) But Scavenge Wars is extremely different from fantasia, so dont say its boring just because it's a text based game. This game isnt a game that you need to put a lot of time in (even though I find myself putting a fair bit of time into it). This game changes constantly and you dont need to have played long to be really good at this game. Scavengewars has a variety of ways to play it and almost everyone, can find a way that they enjoy. I have shown it to all my friends who were skeptical at first, but now I see them playing constantly.

Last edited by mynameislogan; 06-05-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: misspelled words lol
06-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomekSzymek View Post
How many hours have you spent playing Scavenge Wars? Have you even loaded the game and made an account? Have you read the Scavenge Wars forum to see what experienced players think?

If you haven't done these things, then your opinion is uninformed at best.

Give the game a try. You might change your opinion.
06-05-2012, 06:02 PM
I was one of the better players with a couple of great guilds in Lootwars, I don't want to say I was the best but I was up there.

I was so mad when Lootwars died I broke my ipod literally.

So when I found scavengerwars I was so excited and it is awesome, it is several shades better than lootwars ever was.

It's great to see some old names back and its nice to still be one of the better players.

EVERYONE needs to try this game, it wont cost you a thing, and its really easy to get the hang of but takes skill to get as good as me.

Ignore the morons saying this game sucks they haven't tried it and ignore the idiots that say its a text based adventure game, put your C64 away and go buy an I device or internet capable computer, this game rocks and its anything but text based.

Hit me up in game i'll invite you to my guild it's called Fall if we get big enough i'll make Rise again too.

DarkFlame
06-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFlame View Post
I was one of the better players with a couple of great guilds in Lootwars, I don't want to say I was the best but I was up there.

I was so mad when Lootwars died I broke my ipod literally.

So when I found scavengerwars I was so excited and it is awesome, it is several shades better than lootwars ever was.

It's great to see some old names back and its nice to still be one of the better players.

EVERYONE needs to try this game, it wont cost you a thing, and its really easy to get the hang of but takes skill to get as good as me.

Ignore the morons saying this game sucks they haven't tried it and ignore the idiots that say its a text based adventure game, put your C64 away and go buy an I device or internet capable computer, this game rocks and its anything but text based.

Hit me up in game i'll invite you to my guild it's called Fall if we get big enough i'll make Rise again too.

DarkFlame
Ignore the morons and idiots. Gotcha loud and clear.

I also tend to ignore posters with a count of one saying a video game changed their life, but then that's just me.

Did you really literally break an iPod over a game?

DBC
06-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Ignore the morons and idiots. Gotcha loud and clear.

I also tend to ignore posters with a count of one saying a video game changed their life, but then that's just me.

Did you really literally break an iPod over a game?

DBC
LOL... I literally slammed my first PSP onto a table breaking it over Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

Anyways... it's been raining all day and it feels shilly in here.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Anyways... it's been raining all day and it feels shilly in here.
Sorry if some of the supporting posts feel shilly. I posted in the Scavenge Wars forum asking if some of our players wanted to add to my post here on TouchArcade:

http://www.jerichogames.com/boards/l...php?f=3&t=1517

So that's why the posters are new here (including myself).

Thanks