★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stroll Garden

08-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Stroll Garden

Hi all,

I just purchased the game "Stroll Garden" by downfallout Games, and I thought the community might be interested.

It's a $1.99 puzzler that involves rearranging tiles in order to create a "zen garden." In order to do this, there are pieces that have path, water, and grass on them. Essentially, all the edges of each piece must line up with another piece, so that water meets water, path meets path, etc. The goal is to do this so that grass touches the outer edges of the screen and every piece matches. Tiles are rearranged by swapping any tile with any other tile on the board. Tiles cannot be rotated.

My initial impressions:
-There are three difficulty levels, and the easiest is much too easy for almost any player. The other two difficulty levels are good and tough.
-My biggest apprehension about getting the game was that I feared there would be a fixed number of boards to play on; thankfully, it seems that the layout is completely random.
-The game is really simple and not really a graphical powerhouse, but it's definitely worth the money if this is your kind of game.

I don't usually "impulse buy" games, but I thought this looked interesting and was ultimately happy with the value of the game.

The dev's website with screens and info is here: http://www.downfallout.com/strollgarden.html

iTunes link:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287734086&mt=8

Just thought some of you might be interested!

~polyplay
04-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Holy dang crap poop bought this game
Receipt Date: 10/25/08

We got a new world record folks. This took 8 months to update it to make it work with ipod touch. Where is the dev? Wanna shake that mans hand ......arggggh.

Apr 06 Version 1.3
Sep 29 Version 1.2
Aug 27 New App: $1.99, v1.1

Only noticed this cuz of lite version coming out.