★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Official Gridlocked: Rush Hour High Scores Board

05-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Official Gridlocked: Rush Hour High Scores Board

We are hard at work with an update to Gridlocked: Rush Hour which will include a global high score board (and some other surprises). But for now post your high scores here with a screenshot.

So far I'm at 298. Can anyone beat the developer??

P.S - hold the lock and square button to take a screenshot in case you didn't know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	3973  
05-22-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm just curious how your game came so close to Gridlocked (in name and graphics) but you're not the same developer.. crazy coincidence. Great minds think alike I suppose

Last edited by dangerz; 05-22-2009 at 03:19 PM.

05-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledbox View Post
We are hard at work with an update to Gridlocked: Rush Hour which will include a global high score board (and some other surprises). But for now post your high scores here with a screenshot.

So far I'm at 298. Can anyone beat the developer??

P.S - hold the lock and square button to take a screenshot in case you didn't know.
Global high score board? Awesome!

So far I'm miles away from your score. Just 124.
No screenshot at the moment as I'm typing on my iPhone.

Any hints as to what these "other surprises" are?
And also how long you reckon it'll be before the update is submitted?

Cheers!

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
05-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Great minds do think alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerz View Post
I'm just curious how your game came so close to Gridlocked (in name and graphics) but you're not the same developer.. crazy coincidence. Great minds think alike I suppose
Great minds just think alike! I hope that some good competition should force us both to make better games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
Any hints as to what these "other surprises" are?
And also how long you reckon it'll be before the update is submitted?
I don't want to give away too much, but we should be submitting a smaller update including the high scores, stats and some smaller fixes in about a week. (so add a few days to that for apple to approve). After that we have a couple "bigger" ideas that I promise won't disappoint. So stay tuned.
05-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Quote:
I don't want to give away too much, but we should be submitting a smaller update including the high scores, stats and some smaller fixes in about a week. (so add a few days to that for apple to approve). After that we have a couple "bigger" ideas that I promise won't disappoint. So stay tuned.
Great to hear that. Looking forward to it.
Any of the suggestions I made by email going in there?

By the way, aside from the obvious, have you got any good hints or tips on how to keep the traffic flowing and to score big in this game?

05-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
Great to hear that. Looking forward to it.
Any of the suggestions I made by email going in there?

By the way, aside from the obvious, have you got any good hints or tips on how to keep the traffic flowing and to score big in this game?
I have one trick that works pretty well. Switch the intersection just after the cars get passed the red light. The cars will wait for the intersection to clear before they drive into it, so if you tap it real quick it is almost like you get two directions going at once.

Try that and see what you can get.

P.S - yes we are working on some of your emailed ideas. Might not be in this first update, but they are being worked on!
06-04-2009, 01:47 PM

I got 374! can't wait for update. like total cars stat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0002.PNG
Views:	5
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	4406  
06-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Quote:
I have one trick that works pretty well. Switch the intersection just after the cars get passed the red light. The cars will wait for the intersection to clear before they drive into it, so if you tap it real quick it is almost like you get two directions going at once.

Try that and see what you can get.
Aah yes, I had sussed that one out already...
So translating it, it's like the light is green when you start to cross, but then turns red while you're halfway across the intersection. Perfectly legal!
Yep, that certainly helps, but I've still got a way to go before I can top the scores posted here so far...

06-06-2009, 05:46 PM
can't put this game down

i don't know why this game isn't more popular. i had to play it a bunch before i realized how addictive it is. hope more people pick this game up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0007.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	4487  
06-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Wow.. looks like I need to spend more time playing the game rather than coding it!

Great scores guys - But this thread should be pointless in a few days. We have an update already submitted to Apple that includes stats, difficulty levels (the 1.0 version is the hardest), personal top 10 score list, and global high scores for each difficulty level. Soon you'll be able to see how you match up against the rest of the world!

We are already hard at work on a new game and what should be a huge update to Gridlocked: Rush Hour!

Be on the lookout for more updates coming soon!