★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Peggle (+ HD) both now only 0.69/$0.99 (Peggle Nights also going for the same price)

06-03-2012, 07:04 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 857
Peggle (+ HD) both now only 0.69/$0.99 (Peggle Nights also going for the same price)







Fantastic game, so good I got both versions + Peggle Nights twice. Only thing left is to update Peggle HD to Retina display - hopefully they'll do it but who knows? It's been a while since they last updated Peggle HD.
06-03-2012, 07:33 PM
#2
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Scarlett Johansson's Hot Tub
Posts: 4,732
Does it still crash on the iPad 1?

06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 689
It's EA.
06-04-2012, 09:09 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
It's EA.
As much as I loathe the corporate practices of EA, I don't think they can be used as the scapegoat for PopCap. I'm certain their corporate arrangement is similar to the one that exists between Blizzard and Activision. PopCap products are solely the responsibility of PopCap.
06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
#5
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
As much as I loathe the corporate practices of EA, I don't think they can be used as the scapegoat for PopCap. I'm certain their corporate arrangement is similar to the one that exists between Blizzard and Activision. PopCap products are solely the responsibility of PopCap.
1) They are owned by EA, so buying Popcap games is giving EA money.

2) There's no way I'm giving EA another penny, given how they've screwed over gamers and developers they've bought over.

I know this is unfair to Popcap, they make great games but I think it's more important to stand up to companies that don't give a flip about gamers. It's a matter of principle.
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
#6
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
1) They are owned by EA, so buying Popcap games is giving EA money.

2) There's no way I'm giving EA another penny, given how they've screwed over gamers and developers they've bought over.

I know this is unfair to Popcap, they make great games but I think it's more important to stand up to companies that don't give a flip about gamers. It's a matter of principle.
So you're essentially saying that PopCap employees don't deserve to get paid for games they've made because EA now owns them? Sucks to be a PopCap employee if that's the case.

On another note, if you were one of the owners of a popular and successful games company and EA or Zynga came along and offered you BIG money for it, what would you do knowing that you'd be set for life if you sold it?
06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
#7
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
So you're essentially saying that PopCap employees don't deserve to get paid for games they've made because EA now owns them? Sucks to be a PopCap employee if that's the case.
Popcap employees don't get directly paid for games they made. They get paid salaries regardless of whether I buy their games or not. If enough people stop buying Popcap games such that it'll affect their sales then maybe it'll affect these employees. Other than that, what I do won't affect them one bit. The only loss would be EA and Popcap the companies who would lose out on my money.

Quote:
On another note, if you were one of the owners of a popular and successful games company and EA or Zynga came along and offered you BIG money for it, what would you do knowing that you'd be set for life if you sold it?
Of course. You would too, just like anyone else.
06-04-2012, 05:44 PM
#8
Already own it on every platform that I have... prior to the EA deal...

Follow EatingMyHat on Facebook, Twitter and Blog
06-04-2012, 06:15 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 1,399
Really? I'm honestly quite disheartened that people are missing up on a great game made by a solid developer because "their company is owned by EA". That's like saying you won't buy DrawSomething just because its owned by Zynga, or won't buy anything at all by Chillingo because "they're owned by EA too!".

Back on topic: If you don't own Peggle yet, I'd highly suggest grabbing it. Very fun game. Can anyone tell me if Peggle Nights is always 0.99 or not though? I'm thinking of getting it, so I want to know if I need to rush or anything (only have a dollar in my iTunes account.)

I don't want a signature.
06-04-2012, 06:33 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
Really? I'm honestly quite disheartened that people are missing up on a great game made by a solid developer because "their company is owned by EA". That's like saying you won't buy DrawSomething just because its owned by Zynga, or won't buy anything at all by Chillingo because "they're owned by EA too!".

Back on topic: If you don't own Peggle yet, I'd highly suggest grabbing it. Very fun game. Can anyone tell me if Peggle Nights is always 0.99 or not though? I'm thinking of getting it, so I want to know if I need to rush or anything (only have a dollar in my iTunes account.)
I totally agree with you. Just cos it's EA doesn't mean it's crap + Chillingo make some of the best games on iOS.

Regarding Peggle Nights it's not normally 0.99. I paid full price last year when only Peggle was on sale but not Peggle Nights. Only in recent sales was Peggle Nights included. I'd get it now while it's on sale if I didn't already own it