★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DvO (Dwarfs vs Orcs) HD $.99 -> Free

06-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
DvO (Dwarfs vs Orcs) HD $.99 -> Free

GC: UnSurreal
06-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Nice art game, I will try it today.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
The game is solid. Great art, lots of units and frankly a bit hard at times. I enjoy the fact that you need to fight and protect for resources and they don't just come to you over time (like many games in this genre).

Follow EatingMyHat on Facebook, Twitter and Blog
06-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Downloading! Thanks for the freebie!
06-04-2012, 09:44 PM
This is a nice looking game that gets painfully grindy. You get almost no currency by barely beating a level that is very tough for you, and gain much more by redoing a now joke easy level. Because every level is potentiall worth the same cash, its quickest to redo one of the first levels again and again. Because unit upgrades cost more with each upgrade, as the game progresses, more and more grinding is required.

Its all very painful, as the difficulty curve is quite steep. Early in the 4th world, where I'm at, its do a level, earn 400 currency, gain the right to buy a new unit that you have to pay 5-700 to get at 0 upgrade level, and perhaps 2,000 to upgrade it enough to be usable. Try the next level, fail it, earn almost nothing, fail it again, again, again and go back to grind the easy level 5 times, earning say 2000 currency. Use that to level one unit from 4-5 stars, or from 5 stars to one red star. Clear the next level, unlock another unit, rinse and repeat. My basic warrior (the unit you start with) is at 2 red stars, and to get to 3 red stars it would cost over 3000.

It is fun for a while. However, I think its almost impossible to clear without IAP, and that IAP would ruin the game by making it too easy (unless you could gain access to the IAP in chunks over time.)

Basically, the changes they made when making it free ruined the game.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 06-05-2012 at 04:09 PM.