★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Trino AB
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 84.0 MB
  • Version: 1.6.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Drive, fly and operate cool machines that behave like the real thing - in Machine World! #1 App in several countries!

Machine World is a big sandbox on your iPad, 13 different machines to learn to operate and have fun with! (Among others: Excavator, Bulldozer, Mobile Crane, Dumper, Rescue Helicopter, Ferry, Semi truck + trailer, Freight Ship...)

Loved by adults and kids everywhere! #1 paid app in Sweden and Norway, #2 in the United Kingdom. Top 10 in 32 countries!

In Machine World your imagination is the limit. Build houses or other structures using the cranes and semi trailer. Dig anywhere with the excavator and the terrain will deform: create holes, trenches or hills. The roads are also destructible! There are lots of details in the world: An opening bridge with gates and signals, lots of props like cones and road blocks - strobe lights on vehicles and lots of objects to build with.

The controls have two modes - one easy mode suitable for children or casual play and one realistic mode (with different control standards, SAE & ISO).
Spoken help is always just a tap away. Easy to learn, harder to master.

View the gameplay video at www.trinogames.com, where you can also follow the development of new (free) updates!

** #1 Game in Norway, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland and others. Top Simulation & Kids game in over 95 countries! **

** Device recommendations and download info **
Runs on all iPads! iPad second or third generation recommended for better graphics.

May require wifi connection to download.

** Help us shape the future and help you **
Please get in touch! Request features or new vehicles! And let us know if you have any problems. We work for you! Just click the website/support link on this page.

TrinoGames's comments:
We are happy to announce that our sandbox game, Machine World, is now available for iPhone (3GS and up) and iPod (3rd gen and later)!

Machine World lets you operate and have fun with 10 different machines in different settings: Excavators, a mobile crane, trucks, a helicopter, just to name a few. The terrain is fully deformable, so you can dig anywhere, transport materials - your imagination is the limit!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Machine World is available here!

Earlier versions for the iPad were very well received, and we have received tons of feature requests. So, besides making this update universal, we implemented much of it:

- New machines, focused on transport and building/lifting!
- New huge scene with interactive objects, destructible roads and more!
- Realistic cranes with load weight and wire tension simulation!
...and more!

If you like cool machines and construction gear, then Machine World is for you. It is loved by adults and kids alike, as there are two modes for control realism and spoken help just a tap away.

We hope you will enjoy it! If you do, please tell a friend. For more info, feature requests or help with any problems, please visit us at trinogames.com!

Best regards,
Lead Developer
06-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Just saw the game in the app store charts and it totally reminds me of old Tonka construction vehicles.

The game looks sweet, but could need higher detailed textures, I hope you guys manage it, to polish it more.

When I get an iPad3, I will have a look at this.
06-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Can you drive the vehicles then ? Just dont see the controls in the video.

Do you choose different vehicles whenever you want, so switch from a digger to a craine etc ?

Just wonder how you drive them or move them around the 'world' ?
06-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Can you drive the vehicles then ? Just dont see the controls in the video.

Do you choose different vehicles whenever you want, so switch from a digger to a craine etc ?

Just wonder how you drive them or move them around the 'world' ?
Yes to all of them. I bought the iPad version a while ago and it is a fun time waster.

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
06-13-2012, 06:18 AM
I purchased this game a while back, and while the gameplay is enjoyable enough for geeks of heavy machinery, the performance on my iPod Touch 4th gen was too low for me to really enjoy it. I'm not 100% sure if it's intentional, but the controls on all vehicles lag between input and action, and the overall framerate was too choppy for the delicate maneuvers required, even on low settings.

I imagine with an iPad 3 these problems would be non-existent, so as far as the gameplay goes (provided you know it's a sandbox, there are no set missions) it should be a great little app.

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ