★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Capcom: 10 games planned for the Appstore.

05-22-2009, 06:39 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Capcom: 10 games planned for the Appstore.

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/986/986169p1.html

Quote:
May 22, 2009 - Capcom is feeling bullish about the iPhone. The gaming giant recently released Resident Evil: Degeneration on the App Store, joining a port of the classic Mega Man and a handful of additional titles. It will not stop there. Speaking at the Reuters Global Technology Summit in Tokyo, Capcom CFO Kazuhiko Abe revealed plans to release no fewer than 10 iPhone games before next March.

Will the games be extensions of Capcom's existing franchises, such as Street Fighter and Lost Planet? Or could Capcom instead use the relatively low costs of creating iPhone games to try out new ideas and characters before graduating them to consoles? Look for news out of Capcom at next month's E3 conference in Los Angeles, right here on IGN Wireless.
It'd be hilarious if a Devil May Cry port hit the iPhone before the PSP after all those old years of hype. And funny that it might run into or trail Vampire Origins.

Capcom would seriously have to step their game up though, their Megaman port was atrocious. Haven't gotten around to playing RE Degeneration yet to see how it is.
05-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Capcom vs marvel please haha! I loved that game

Currently translated this games to spanish: Toki Tori! ; Toki Tori Lite! ; Steamworks ; Monster Pinball ...
PM me if you need help with translations!

05-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
I'm dieng for a good Devil May Cry game for the iPhone. The first and only DMC game I played and finished was DMC4 and it was amazing!

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
05-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Please give me Powerstone 2, best Capcom game ever! Plus i think it would work out perfectly on the iphone...

Gamecenter:1337brian
05-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Please give me Powerstone 2, best Capcom game ever! Plus i think it would work out perfectly on the iphone...
+ 18,000,000,000

I haven't played powerstone in ages. =(
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
i like street fighter 4, i dont think that will come but maybe an older version of Street fighter, that would be great!

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
05-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Street fighter would be awesome. I posted an idea for a control scheme a couple days ago on the upcoming games thread i think the thread was your game here
05-23-2009, 05:23 AM
monster hunter would be great but actually impossible for an iphone

‏حافظ
05-23-2009, 06:10 AM
I will probably be disappointed, but I'd love to see ports of Breath of Fire and Ace Attorney series, as well as full-length ports of early, more adventure-oriented Resident Evils.

All this other action-platformer stuff won't work too well on the platform, IMHO.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen
05-23-2009, 07:37 AM
From IGN's article: "Or could Capcom instead use the relatively low costs of creating iPhone games to try out new ideas and characters before graduating them to consoles?". Thats an interesting idea: use the iPhone as a cheap, low-cost testing ground for unique/new ideas that, if successful could be then developed into console games.

Its much more likely they'll bring existing franchises over, so i'd love to see versions of:
  1. Zack & Wiki - would be perfect for iPhone's touch screen...
  2. Resident Evil 1, 2 & 3 ports - either d-pad or accelerometer control of character.
  3. Devil May Cry - port the original!
  4. Onimusha
  5. Street Fighter 2
  6. Final Fight (2.5D remake, sorta like Kroll, but better)

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD