★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
#11
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,760
Oh dear.
Fuusio dev, you better check that it's available in all stores. This can be damaging to you. I actually would've just dismissed it if it's not on my store and that would've have been a pity.


I just went through the tutorial. And I really like puzzle games like this. There are many different types of functional blocks that come into play as the gameplay video shows. I think this gives the puzzles variety. Very satisfying to solve and an excellent mind bender.
06-07-2012, 10:44 AM
#12
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
It's not on the Lebanese store either. :/
Hi,

It should be available now also in Lebanese, because I allowed all App Stores to sell the FUUSIO. Sorry, for the inconvenience. This is my first paid app, so I am a bit nooby on dealing with App Store.

06-07-2012, 10:51 AM
#13
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
Oh dear.
Fuusio dev, you better check that it's available in all stores. This can be damaging to you. I actually would've just dismissed it if it's not on my store and that would've have been a pity.


I just went through the tutorial. And I really like puzzle games like this. There are many different types of functional blocks that come into play as the gameplay video shows. I think this gives the puzzles variety. Very satisfying to solve and an excellent mind bender.
Yes, this is my first paid app, so I am a bit nooby on these things. I just selected the option to sell the app on all App Stores.

I am very happy to hear that you like my puzzle game This motivates and inspires me to continue to develop the game. Right now I am considering the best way to provide an editor for creating new puzzle levels. I do have a desktop editor, but I am interested to provide a built-in editor for FUUSIO.
06-07-2012, 01:28 PM
#14
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
The youngest FUUSIO player ... so far

I am still working for a decent game play video - the current one is really bad. Meanwhile, check out this "game play" video that shows the excitement, joy, addiction, and occasionally the deep frustation you experience when you play FUUSIO


Youtube link | Pop Up
06-07-2012, 05:12 PM
#15
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
Promo codes giveway

Hi,

To celebrate the release of FUUSIO (and the soon to be released first update version) I am giving away 10 promo codes: FUUSIO ::: PROMO CODES. Hurry up - go and get them. And please, give your feedback about FUUSIO on this thread. Thx.
06-07-2012, 05:30 PM
#16
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
Posts: 1,389
If you're asking for feedback, I must say something that is really frustrating me is the inability to "swipe" the blocks into place. Instead I have to tap once to select the block and then tap a second time to show where I want the block to go.
I say it's frustrating because even thought I know I'm supposed to tap-tap, I STILL find myself instinctively trying to swipe the blocks around. I just can't help it, as to me at least, it just seems quicker and more intuitive to want to do it that way...

It actually also makes the game play slower, as I have to "wait for the tap highlight to be accepted", if you know what I mean. Take the tutorial level 3 for example: for the 3 green blocks on the right, I CANNOT very rapidly tap-tap the top block down and then immediately tap-tap the bottom block up, as the second tap-tap, if done too quickly after the first, is then instead determined to be a cancellation of the first tap-tap.
Let me know if you need further clarification on what I mean by this...

Website: www.NotHowItLooks.com Twitter: @BrettArchibald
Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 06-07-2012 at 05:36 PM.
06-08-2012, 05:09 AM
#17
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
If you're asking for feedback, I must say something that is really frustrating me is the inability to "swipe" the blocks into place. Instead I have to tap once to select the block and then tap a second time to show where I want the block to go.
I say it's frustrating because even thought I know I'm supposed to tap-tap, I STILL find myself instinctively trying to swipe the blocks around. I just can't help it, as to me at least, it just seems quicker and more intuitive to want to do it that way...

It actually also makes the game play slower, as I have to "wait for the tap highlight to be accepted", if you know what I mean. Take the tutorial level 3 for example: for the 3 green blocks on the right, I CANNOT very rapidly tap-tap the top block down and then immediately tap-tap the bottom block up, as the second tap-tap, if done too quickly after the first, is then instead determined to be a cancellation of the first tap-tap.
Let me know if you need further clarification on what I mean by this...
I have to say that I really enjoy receiving feedback from you! There is already one new UI feature proposed by you which I added to the first update that is available soon

I had a swipe gesture based way to combine blocks in my early prototypes as an option. I had even the possibility to combine (almost) arbitrary length selection of blocks with one single swipe. However, I had some problems with the game engine (back then) and there were some UX problems with larger puzzle grids (I had even 8x8 grid), so I dropped out the swipe controls.

I fully agree with you, using swipe is an intuitive and also faster way to combine the blocks. Now, when my underlying game engine is matured enough, I can restore the swipe based combining in next update release. Thanks again for you feedback!
06-08-2012, 05:25 AM
#18
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuusio View Post
I have to say that I really enjoy receiving feedback from you! There is already one new UI feature proposed by you which I added to the first update that is available soon
Well, firstly, thank-you and secondly, it's a pleasure.
You should know, I only really bother to give such feedback on games I really, really, really like a lot, because I really enjoy playing them and want them to be even better!
This is a really great game - you should ask TouchArcade for a front-page review...

Website: www.NotHowItLooks.com Twitter: @BrettArchibald
Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
06-08-2012, 05:29 AM
#19
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuusio View Post
Now, when my underlying game engine is matured enough, I can restore the swipe based combining in next update release.
Incidentally, just to point out the obvious, I would still keep the tap-tap method as one way to move blocks, but just ADD the swipe method as another way in addition to this.

Website: www.NotHowItLooks.com Twitter: @BrettArchibald
Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
06-09-2012, 03:02 AM
#20
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 58
So, i gave your game a 5-Star rating in the store after i've played it for a longer time. Really, it's IMHO one of the best puzzle games on iOs. There are a lot of hard and tricky levels where you first think: Impossible to solve. But then, you make some try-and-errors, then you see the way, you solve the puzzle and you're a little bit proud.

My top favorite puzzle game on iOs is "Pinch 2", but FUUSIO comes close to it with unique game play, straight forward targets and a polished visual style.
Hope for you, more people will give this gem of a puzzle game a try.