Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-09-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meril View Post
So, i gave your game a 5-Star rating in the store after i've played it for a longer time. Really, it's IMHO one of the best puzzle games on iOs. There are a lot of hard and tricky levels where you first think: Impossible to solve. But then, you make some try-and-errors, then you see the way, you solve the puzzle and you're a little bit proud.

My top favorite puzzle game on iOs is "Pinch 2", but FUUSIO comes close to it with unique game play, straight forward targets and a polished visual style.
Hope for you, more people will give this gem of a puzzle game a try.
Hi,

Thank you very much for you feedback! I am glad that you liked the game. I also hope that more people will give a try As a puzzle fan I have a quite extensive collection of puzzle games on my iDevices, but I do not recall playing "Pinch 2". I will check it out.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:13 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Thanks for the promo code.

The game is clever, original and fun.

However, I would like to suggest that you have got the balance wrong between tutorial and playing.

I have played through 15 tutorial levels and each one introduces something new. It looks as if the same applies to the next 25 tutorial levels too.

It feels like I'm being hit around the head with lots of new techniques. I would like to play a few different puzzles using the same technique before moving onto a new technique.

I'm afraid I don't feel like playing another 25 new tutorial techniques before I get to the actual puzzles. Like some but not all iPhone users, I'm not that patient about learning lots of new techniques - I like to get into the action quickly.

I would like to suggest that a game like Trainyard gets the balance better. If I remember rightly, it introduces a few new techniques early on, and then extra techniques once in a while, not all at the beginning.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelll View Post
Thanks for the promo code.

The game is clever, original and fun.

However, I would like to suggest that you have got the balance wrong between tutorial and playing.

I have played through 15 tutorial levels and each one introduces something new. It looks as if the same applies to the next 25 tutorial levels too.

It feels like I'm being hit around the head with lots of new techniques. I would like to play a few different puzzles using the same technique before moving onto a new technique.

I'm afraid I don't feel like playing another 25 new tutorial techniques before I get to the actual puzzles. Like some but not all iPhone users, I'm not that patient about learning lots of new techniques - I like to get into the action quickly.

I would like to suggest that a game like Trainyard gets the balance better. If I remember rightly, it introduces a few new techniques early on, and then extra techniques once in a while, not all at the beginning.
Thank you for your feedback. I have myself wanted to introduce some kind of reorganization of the levels. Something that would set pace on solving the levels and also make it more interesting. I think you made a good point - I need to take the aspect you brought up into account when designing the reorganization.

Btw. Trainyard is definitely one of my Top 10 puzzle games
Old 06-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meril View Post
So, i gave your game a 5-Star rating in the store after i've played it for a longer time. Really, it's IMHO one of the best puzzle games on iOs. There are a lot of hard and tricky levels where you first think: Impossible to solve. But then, you make some try-and-errors, then you see the way, you solve the puzzle and you're a little bit proud.

My top favorite puzzle game on iOs is "Pinch 2", but FUUSIO comes close to it with unique game play, straight forward targets and a polished visual style.
Hope for you, more people will give this gem of a puzzle game a try.
I really like this game a lot! Also I tried to look up "pinch 2" on the iPhone iOS store and couldn't find it.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewickedbadger View Post
I really like this game a lot! Also I tried to look up "pinch 2" on the iPhone iOS store and couldn't find it.
I bought 'Pinch 2 HD' for iPad 2 - I like it lot. It seems that 'Pinch' has been available for iPhone in past, but it is not at the moment. According to this website http://www.coatsink.com/games/pinch, 'Pinch' will be soon available (again?) for iPhone. Does anybody know what is going on with the iPhone version?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:00 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I was thinking about it too... I heard about Pinch from one of my friends but didn't make it to find it in the AppStore.
Maybe that's good cause I will give Fuusio a try
Old 06-10-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuusio View Post
I bought 'Pinch 2 HD' for iPad 2 - I like it lot. It seems that 'Pinch' has been available for iPhone in past, but it is not at the moment. According to this website http://www.coatsink.com/games/pinch, 'Pinch' will be soon available (again?) for iPhone. Does anybody know what is going on with the iPhone version?
Thanks for the info and I totally didn't want to hijack the thread into a thread about Pinch 2. Fuusio is a great game.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelll View Post
I was just coming in to say the same thing, right down to the Trainyard suggestion! I'm really enjoying this game but I agree that it throws too many new concepts at you at once. I'm onto the puzzles now and half the time I can't remember what the filter blocks do and have to test them in the level to work it out.

There's a lot to like here, though. I love the clean, minimalist design, and the way you can combine various filters is really clever. (Although again, almost too clever at first. Would have preferred some time getting used to what each one did before being asked to combine them.)

Any chance of a universal version?

Cheers.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:30 PM

I am curious, but haven't decided if I should take the plunge.

Can you tell us why is called FUUSIO? I am not familiar with the etymology of this word at all.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Can you tell us why is called FUUSIO? I am not familiar with the etymology of this word at all.
I think, the name came from "Fusion", cut the last letter and turn it 180 degree (take a turn-180-stone ) and place it next to the u.

Some of the levels are IMHO a little bit "over pieced", i.e. "4x4: clockwork", so they are a bit confusing and i will play they later or never. Others are minimalistic masterpieces like the "locomotion" serie. But the most levels have onlys 1 - 3 different action stones (i.e. 4x4 palette, 4x4 clone), will mean, they have a clear layout and with the right strategy, you can solve the puzzle only with logic.

To create a bunch of good and creative levels on base of a simple idea is the hardest part of development (i.e. Valve's Portal or -- just -- pinch), and i think, FUUSIO did a great job.

Edit:
@fuusio: If you ever plan to make a second part, it will be a good idea, to presents the level "theme based" instead of "grid size based". so the player can concentrate to only a few action stones...

Last edited by meril; 06-11-2012 at 02:22 AM..