★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ****Attention: This application is not compatible with iPads running iOS 6.****

Jump in the role of Robo, the police-bot that is not quite feature complete after his close encounter with the explosion at the Police-Bot Factory. Travel from location to location, give fines when the law isn't obeyed, build and upgrade shops, catch thieves and even most wanted criminals. The experience gathered will give Robo new and exciting power-ups and make him whole again.

-Simple and addictive gameplay: tap to give fines
-12 fun and challenging locations across 6 landscapes: help Robo fight crime and improve each of these locations
-3 cool upgradeable power-ups for Robo: scare thieves out of hiding, double fines and a most wanted list
-Over 50 challenges
- More than a dozen upgradeable shops to raise the level of fines
-2 powerful entities at your service: Chronos, master of time, and Thor, god of thunder
-Objectives for each location

Visit our official site at www.namcobandaigames.com
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/namcogamesRo or like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NoRedTShirts

Echoseven's comments:

06-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Please don`t be shitty, please be don`t be shitty...

06-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Please don`t be shitty, please be don`t be shitty...
Was thinking the same.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
06-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Game Impressions

06-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Not feeling this one so much. Basically seems like a giant game of Where's Wally/Waldo, where you're randomly handed a new Thing To Click On (stop people using phones! Now stop people reading newspapers! Now stop people walking dogs! etc.) every few seconds and then you just spin the level like mad tapping on stuff. It's... okay, certainly. The backgrounds are way low poly, but pleasant enough, bright and colourful and the music's all chirpy. The animations on the pedestrians are amusing, not least when you poke them to stop them doing whatever they're doing.

But the first couple of levels just feel pretty... dull. Flat. Not especially meaningful, even as a happy cartoon world to mess around with. I needed some more coins to unlock the thing that allows you to start playing world 2, and I knew it'd be easy enough to go back to the first level and earn them, but my first thought was "Why on earth would I ever really want to go back and play that again?" I'd rather fire up Lil' Kingdom or something - there's a colourful fantasy world with fantastic art design where just watching stuff happen and poking the screen every now and then feels fun. Still, hey, YMMV and all that.
06-07-2012, 11:16 AM
06-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Any other impression?

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
06-08-2012, 05:34 AM
It is actually very similar in principle with Where's Waldo; You get a bunch of people that are doing stuff and you have to pick the ones that correspond to the current challenge.
The graphics and the music set a cheerful tone to the game: the little sims have funny animations, especially when you stop them from whatever they were doing (I actually read a review about it that said the game is sinister and unsettling, which was quite odd).

If tapping the screen for funny animations and score isn't your thing, this game isn't for you.

Each level has shops that can widen the range of challenges and spice up the price of the fines.

Overall the game seems to be more about exploring and feeling happy and playful than anything else; there's no greater purpose besides obtaining the power-ups for the robot and upgrading all maps. This is one of the reasons why I think the IAP's are unnecessary.

I think kids might feel more at home with it than adults; it has a very specific humor and graphic style.
06-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't think it's even a particularly good example of tapping on stuff to see funny things happen, though. The touch detection on my iTouch is poor - it's way too slow to detect hitting pedestrians, but at the same time it's way too easy to spin the screen. None of the new "stop them from doing this" make the slightest bit of difference to how the game actually works, and there's no rules or logic behind what appears and when - sometimes you get the screen covered with skateboarders or dogwalkers or whatever, sometimes nothing. And the cost and number of things you have to buy to progress goes up suspiciously fast, plus the game seems awfully keen to tell you "Hey, you can buy more IAP coins in the shop!".

Maybe it could entertain very young kids who basically don't care what's happening on screen as long as it's bright and colourful (and can't see how playing an insane police robot who's stopping people from having any fun could be dark and unsettling ). Me, I'm only up to level four but it's so teeth-grindingly boring I basically can't take any more, let alone like ten more stages or whatever it is - if you want to see how to do "Tap the screen for funny animations", go play something like Botanicula on PC or Mac, which basically flattens this in just about every single way. Nice try, Namco, but this really won't cut it IMO.
06-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Boring version of Wheres Waldo, with annoying touch and only semi decent graphic. Why the hell did I spend my money on this.