★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dead Rage: Prologue Just went FREE!

06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Dead Rage: Prologue Just went FREE!

Appshopper just sent me the update. Whoa!

DBC
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM

06-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Whoa! ...I've never heard of this game... is it any good?
06-06-2012, 04:06 PM
AnarKitty - Thanks for doing the thing with the thing. I've got to learn to do that at some point...

ninjackid - I wish I had better news. The game keeps crashing on me, and the control scheme is a little awkward.

The good? The game looks pretty amazing. the sounds are also pretty excellent. If the Bullet Time thing works as well as it looks, it's pretty sweet.

The bad? Well, at this point, it won't run? lol The controls seem a little off, but I honestly haven't been able to play enough for honest impressions. Not sure about leveling/IAP, but the game started out at $4.99, so the IAP can't be all tha... You know, I should just say idk at this point...

DBC
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Overall you'll might as well just pick it up for free. It's a decent survival fps with a few FPS issues crammed in 47 mb

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Cool. Worth a free download, I guess?

Downloaded!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
06-06-2012, 05:41 PM
For free, this is a very good title. Some AI are a little stupid, but im sure stupid becomes difficult later on when the undead start "clashmobbing" on you.

All other weapons are pickups, including extra coins and ammo. There are IAP but it only adds to gold, means it's only for the impatient. Also, the bonus gold mentioned in the app description is there.

The controls are standard swipe on right to move, left to aim, with a shoot and reload tap areas. There is also auto aim function but it didnt work for me. Made my control over it become a little quirky.

Graphics and sounds are good too. Enemies seem to be varied much. The first waves dont last too long though, and arent as actiony as i hoped they'd be. I bet the later waves will be a blast to play.

Downside? Im on an iphone 4s, and the game crashed on me once.

It's worth a shot, and is a decent survival fps at least. Especially now that it's free.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
AnarKitty - Thanks for doing the thing with the thing. I've got to learn to do that at some point...

ninjackid - I wish I had better news. The game keeps crashing on me, and the control scheme is a little awkward.

The good? The game looks pretty amazing. the sounds are also pretty excellent. If the Bullet Time thing works as well as it looks, it's pretty sweet.

The bad? Well, at this point, it won't run? lol The controls seem a little off, but I honestly haven't been able to play enough for honest impressions. Not sure about leveling/IAP, but the game started out at $4.99, so the IAP can't be all tha... You know, I should just say idk at this point...

DBC
IAP = awkward (unlock for levels?)
control scheme is actually not bad and basic....what do you dislike about it?

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
06-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
IAP = awkward (unlock for levels?)
control scheme is actually not bad and basic....what do you dislike about it?
Re IAP: I've read and reread my original post a bunch and I still can't figure out how you put these two together...

Re controls: As I stated, I played the game for about 30 seconds and then it crashed a few times, so I went back to other games, so I can't really say one way or the other. Oddly, unlike E-P, I loved the auto-aim for the little I got to use it... go figure

If I had to say anything, this might be the first game I've played on my iPhone that I might need to play on an iPad. The controls aren't bad, they just seem, idk, tight? I know, very informative, right?

DBC
06-07-2012, 09:23 AM
LOL... I think i know what you mean. It's a good game, but it isnt CODBOZ or NOVA.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword