★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tap Tap Revenge 2 major update!

05-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Tap Tap Revenge 2 major update!

TTR2 has just been updated to v2.5! They've added themes for some songs, the ability to import tracks from your paid TT games, and a new general theme (not sure if I like it though). They also added new songs and improved stability... So what do you guys think?
05-23-2009, 02:05 AM
It is also mentioned that some majro update in stability and UI changes. D/l it now so it takes a while to notice the difference.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)

05-23-2009, 02:24 AM
I really like the new version. The UI looks better, and overall I recommend updating!
05-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Syncing now!
05-23-2009, 03:56 AM
The UI looks very different, I personally prefer the original. The new icon looks great though. I like the ability to import songs from purchased Tap Tap games, though there's not really a point to it because the UI still looks like the game it came from.
05-23-2009, 03:56 AM
I think I like the old look better, not sure if I'll update.

playing: too many to list
05-23-2009, 04:15 AM
i actually kinda like the new theme, it reminds me of TTR1 and makes gameplay much smoother... also the rings now change their colour depending on how well you hit a orb, so that's a really good way to improve your scores... What I don't like however is the revenge mode, it's boring because the orbs get really bright, but nothing more. Hopefully they'll bring the old revenge mode back...
05-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinac0lada View Post
What I don't like however is the revenge mode, it's boring because the orbs get really bright, but nothing more. Hopefully they'll bring the old revenge mode back...
+1, first time I entered Revenge mode in 2.5, I didn't even realize I had and in my frantic shaking of the iPod touch to enter it, I missed a note and lost my multiplier!

I think they could have had an option to roll back to previous themes though...

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD
05-23-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm really liking this update. The new theme looks great and there is now no lag at all for me. I'm loving the songs with different themes as well.

One of the things I like most about this update though it the ability to import songs from other "Tap Tap Premium Apps" I've now imported all the tracks from Tap Tap Dance and only have to have 1 icon.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
05-23-2009, 07:56 AM
i have only played 'gives you hell' but i liked the new theme for it, the red, green, blue theme, but with the circles, i have also imported some TTR NIN songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win