★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: High tech computer crime and corporate espionage on the Internet of the future.

Now remastered for the iPad, Uplink plays brilliantly on the mobile format. The touch screen interface elegantly replaces the mouse and all of the original tense and paranoid gameplay is bought straight up to date with this new portable version. Stay mobile, trust nobody, don't get caught.

You're an Uplink Agent - a freelance computer hacker who makes a living by performing jobs for major corporations. Break into classified computer systems, steal research data, sabotage software, change academic and criminal records, even frame innocent people. Just be sure to cover your tracks, and remember that trust is a weakness.

Praise for the PC Version:

"A stroke of genius...a must for all conspiracy fiends" PC Gamer -- 80%

"A true original...paranoia has never been so much fun" PC Format -- 81%

"Deeply, deeply, deeply compulsive...try it" Games Master - 80%
06-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Wow I used to love this game...Instabuy

Gamecenter I.D - defard
Xbox One - defard2001
PS4 - defard
Feel free to add me peeps!

06-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defard View Post
Agreed! I was lamenting the lack of Introversion titles on my iPad very recently. I hope they drop by here to read comments, because I want to say thank you for bringing it over! What a great treat this morning.

I've loaded it up, and have to say that they nailed the touch interface. The game itself is brilliant.
06-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defard View Post
Agreed, great game and something diffirent then textbased or other hacking games!

Games i like: Bar oasis, Pocket Frogs, GTA3.

Pocket Frogs Plus+ Name: Pinkster-Aap
06-07-2012, 06:34 AM

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.
06-07-2012, 06:43 AM
I only mentioned about this a few weeks ago in a thread about what games we'd love to see, and this has always been a first choice of mine.

Utterly awesome game/experience. Absolutely love what Introversion do, one of the very few companies that can code in 'atmosphere' and is a perfect companion to my iPad.

Bought, played, loving it.
06-07-2012, 07:44 AM
OH MY GOD! Instabuy. Just yesterday I was lamenting that there is no Defcon, or even a suitable Defcon clone for iPad.

I shall buy this solely because I hope to encourage them to bring other games across.

Also looks groovy. Might never have heard of it but I'm sure I'll get a kick out of it.
06-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Figures that one of my old favourites would only be released for the iPad. Developers really need to get this "can only work on a larger screen" cognitive block out of their minds (In particular in the case of Uplink which, with some clever UI work, would be superbly suited for the iPhone.)

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
06-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Awesome. What a sweet surprise. Instabuy for me too, brilliant game.

I remember getting caught when I found a bank account that was too good to be true and set up a lengthy series of wire transfers to myself. I thought I was so clever, but a couple days later someone kicked in the door...
06-07-2012, 08:09 AM
I've already bought this several times on various formats over the years.....but the idea of this on the iPad seems so right...it really does make you feel like a futuristic hacker lol.

Gamecenter I.D - defard
Xbox One - defard2001
PS4 - defard
Feel free to add me peeps!