★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Vortex Revolution... "Join the Revolution!" (.99 SALE)

05-23-2009, 03:48 AM
Vortex Revolution... "Join the Revolution!" (.99 SALE)

now this one looks interesting... it's not new but no one noticed this title earlier.

***Sale 99 Cents -66% off- (reg. $2.99)***
***Until we get a free lite version***
***Buy it now! All updates will be free for current users***
Thanks for all the good feedback, we are working hard to implement some changes, and improvements. Updates are coming soon!!!

*****Next update will add:
Two new game modes. Including a time based race against the clock. Easier shape registration.******

The VORTEX has you. Join the REVOLUTION in iPhone gaming fun. Match up the shapes before it sucks you in!

A fun, casual, unique, addictive and challenging game.

VORTEX REVOLUTION is a puzzle shape-matching game. You select a shape from the right and match it up to a shadow as it gets sucked into the vortex on the left. The faster you match, the more points you score! There are special color shadows that reward extra points and watch out for bomb shadows that can end the game.

If you enjoy hit games such as Tetris, Bejeweled and Trism, take VORTEX REVOLUTION for a Spin!

Warning

This game is kind of different. It uses many of the unique features of the iPhone, like the accelerometer, touch and drag, and the vibration feedback. Maybe you want to stick with games you're used to playing everyday already. You know, same old same old.

Don't take our word for it, see what some of our paid fans have to say:

"Okay, so it may be addictive, and fun to play, but what's so revolutionary about a game? It's a game people! It's not like freedom from British rule!"

FEATURES:

-Easy to get started
-Simple to use interface
-Fully animated Vortex game screen
-Accelerometer and touch based controls
-Six levels of difficulty
-Top 10 score tracker, (Try to beat your best score!)
-Adjustable sound settings
-Game instructions
-Auto-save if interrupted.

*Note: We suggest rebooting your iPhone or iPod Touch when playing for the first time. (We know it's annoying, but what did you expect?)

Comments? Questions?
Email The Big Redbot at: contact@redbotsoftware.com

05-23-2009, 04:02 AM
The video shows that each match is followed by a vibration. I hope that's just an option because it's annoying.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

05-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
The video shows that each match is followed by a vibration. I hope that's just an option because it's annoying.
Look at 0:10 when he goes into game settings. There is an option for vibrate on/off.

Twitter: @Zincous
05-23-2009, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Look at 0:10 when he goes into game settings. There is an option for vibrate on/off.
You're right. I missed the beginning.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
05-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Good find. Thanks, Pante.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Vortex Revolution developer, major update coming!

Hello, I am the developer for this game, Vortex Revolution.
I am trying to get the final touches on a major update, that will add two new modes of play, and a whole lot more.
I am new to the forums, so should I post previews here, or in the upcoming games section?
06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
If it's a new game, Upcoming Games. All updates can go in this thread. Welcome!

Don't check this site or private messages often.
06-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbotsoftware View Post
Hello, I am the developer for this game, Vortex Revolution.
I am trying to get the final touches on a major update, that will add two new modes of play, and a whole lot more.
I am new to the forums, so should I post previews here, or in the upcoming games section?
Hello and welcome to TA!
06-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Vortex Revolution, Update coming soon Preview

Thanks GatorDeb and pharmx!

It took me a long time to get an update, the game was made with Unity, so it's a nightmare to make changes.
Many users requested some changes to the game, we couldn't change the original too much, so we added these new game versions.

Some users wanted a way to choose multiple shapes, and choose any shape. Hypnotized does this, just don't stare at the screen too long

Other users wanted a race against the clock. In Time Twister, you get seconds added for matches, and taken away for lost shapes. And this one has no levels, so the vortex speeds up really fast.

One major change across all the games is that registering shapes is much, much easier and faster. I will post a video as soon as I can so you can see this in action.

What inspired me to make this game was Trism. And before that I loved playing Tetris. I wanted a unique puzzle game, that's fun to play, and I enjoy playing this myself, I hope those of you that have tried enjoy it as well. If you have any suggestions and/or advice, please post, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you.