★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Goaaal! From Skyworks?

05-23-2009, 05:00 AM
Goaaal! From Skyworks?

Does anybody has a trailer of this new game from Skyworks? is it a good game?

thanks
05-23-2009, 05:08 AM
just had a look at this on the appstore and im very underwhelmed by the screenies. skyworks titles normally have a very polished look and feel to them, this looks a bit of a cash in rush job. however, im not gonna hammer it until i see a lite version.

if devs insist on making these penalty shootout style games can they at least make a clone of the legendary(ish) footballer of the year by gremlin graphics from about a zillion years ago. would enhance this saturated genre by an infinite amount!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

05-23-2009, 10:38 AM
is there a video of this game??

thanks
05-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post
just had a look at this on the appstore and im very underwhelmed by the screenies. skyworks titles normally have a very polished look and feel to them, this looks a bit of a cash in rush job. however, im not gonna hammer it until i see a lite version.

if devs insist on making these penalty shootout style games can they at least make a clone of the legendary(ish) footballer of the year by gremlin graphics from about a zillion years ago. would enhance this saturated genre by an infinite amount!
LOL ... Footballer of the Year by Gremlin Graphics?! Wow, that's a blast from the past that I never thought I'd hear of again! I used to love that game

I'm torn over this one. I usually love Skyworks games. Arcade Hoops is fantastic and World Cup Ping Pong is easily the best game of its kind in the game. So a football game from them should be a must-buy ... but I'm not sure about this. It doesn't look great.

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
05-23-2009, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Moggy_Lloyd;258369]LOL ... Footballer of the Year by Gremlin Graphics?! Wow, that's a blast from the past that I never thought I'd hear of again! I used to love that game

If u wanna relive your youth and play Footballer of the year again go 2 http://www.zxspectrum.net/ and relive all the old speccy games like i did earlier
05-24-2009, 10:02 AM
This game is basically a enalty kck shootout game. The graphics are okay, but they could be better. Controls are that you simply slide your finger towards the goal on the way yu want the ball to go. Tilting the device affects the spin/curve on the ball. There are two modes, Arcade and Progressive. There isn't much difference between the two. Arcade mode just involves shooting 10 times, and in Progressive you have the option to earn extra shots if you hit accuracy targets. The online scores are a bit messed up, I think they combined the scores for both Progressive and Arcade into one scoreboard, but it's nice that they're there. Overall, it's not a bad game, and pretty fun if you like soccer, but it could be improved.
05-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Fantastic Game!

I bought the game when it first came out because I generally love the games Skyworks have been making. I love it. I find it very challenging and well done both with the physics and the graphics. I can tell from the global scores that some people are really getting good at it. I've got a way to go, but I'm doing okay relatively. I would say if you buy the game you won't be sorry.
06-13-2009, 08:50 AM
06-12-2010, 04:47 PM
now FREE: