★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bug Princess 2 Black Label

06-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Bug Princess 2 Black Label

The first Black Label port to iOS has now been announced by Cave as Bug Princess 2.

To those unaware, this isn't a completely new game but a 'revision' of the existing Bug Princess 2. Score chasers are going to be in for a great time though.

Just to summarise a few of the key differences between the White Label (original) and Black Label releases:

Bug Princess 2 / Mushihimesama Futari Black Label is widely regarded as one of Cave's easiest 1CCs in Original mode, due to the difficulty scaling based on score. If you're playing for survival, the Black Label version is much easier. If you're playing for score however, things get much, much harder and much, much faster...

No more Normal/Abnormal shot. The two characters now have a set shot type. This resulted in Reco being overpowered in the arcade release, due to her homing options that Palm just doesn't have. This may change in the iPhone version though due to the control setup.

New proximity scoring effect with Original mode scoring. Pick up the gems extremely quickly / close to the destroyed target and they turn blue instead of green, and are worth a ton more points.

Maniac scoring / red gauge scoring is much easier. In the white label release, getting the gauge up to the red zone and keeping it there for maximum score was pretty difficult. This is now much easier to do in Black Label.

Ultra mode has been replaced with God mode. God mode now uses Maniac style scoring instead of Original style scoring, with a maximum score multiplier of 30,000x. It's a little more manageable than Ultra mode.

New True Last Boss - Spiritual Larsa, only available by 1CCing God Mode.

Denjin K - Game Center
EraOfDiversion - XBL
@Vallystyle - Twitter

Last edited by Vally; 06-08-2012 at 04:43 AM.
06-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Hurray indeed

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me

06-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Be nice if there was an update / cheap upgrade for those who bought Bug Princess 2 though, dont really want to fork out a fair amount (In iOS terms) for this one.
06-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Cave = Good
06-08-2012, 08:58 AM
So if you were going to choose between White or Black, which one would you grab?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
06-08-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
So if you were going to choose between White or Black, which one would you grab?
There was and never will be an "which" if it comes to Cave Games. If you like the Genre the Games from Cave are pretty much what you should buy as soon as they appear on the Appstore.

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-08-2012 at 10:56 AM.
06-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
I always favoured the Black Label release over 1.5 (White Label). White Label never got any playtime with me when I had BL to play with.

Denjin K - Game Center
EraOfDiversion - XBL
@Vallystyle - Twitter
06-08-2012, 12:58 PM

I have every iOS-published Cave game (except for the most recent DDP), but gonna have to pass on this one. Ready for something different, like say, Muchi Muchi P&P Sweets.
06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
At the moment, I want to know what the price point and all are, because if I'm basically paying another $8 for a modification...
Eh, I've never had experience with any of the Label versions.

GameCenter ID: 0-FeliX-0
Hyped Up For: Wil's Finest Hour
06-08-2012, 01:50 PM
How many versions of bug princess are there?