★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Will you dare to risk your soul in an ancient duel of wizards?...

This is a one of a kind puzzle game. The rules are similar to blackjack - but you will play using your hands. Very conceptual and atmospheric.

The app look gorgeous on all devices including ipad, ipad 3, and iphone 4.

Headphones are recommended for awesome soundtrack experience.

-GAME RULES-

1) The light below the hands shows who's receiving the score you and your opponent throw this turn.

2) Each round always starts by throwing your score.

3) You and your opponent simultaneously throw 0 - 10 fingers each, that are summed to your score.
- If you reach 21, you win.
- If you get over 21, you bust and lose.

4) After both players have thrown for your score, you can choose if you wish to stop, or throw more for yourself.

5) When you decide it's enough, you're both throwing the score for the other player. Your goal here would be to make the opponent get over 21, so he will bust, and you will win.

6) If neither of the players reached 21, the one who's score is closer to 21, wins.

7) If both of you get the same score, it's a draw. You don't lose a "life" for this round.

P.S. if you lose, a surprise is waiting for you.

iosoftware's comments:
From the authors of Palm Kingdoms 2:

And a special bonus for toucharcade users:

KEKK7RYWPR9T
MKLKR34TWT4A
F6666JNYF4KY
YM496NEFEEKF
HXNTK3JTT6WP
WYRRXY366MTF
6RFWLNTPKEJT
99NN7TH7PJEP
H6RF466YA7PP
W3JXJTWHTJ4W
06-08-2012, 04:38 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iosoftware
Don't forget to rate and comment in the app store. We need your support to move on and make better games!

06-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-ph View Post
Don't forget to rate and comment in the app store. We need your support to move on and make better games!
Will do!
F6666JNYF4KY taken. thank you, and good luck!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
06-08-2012, 06:43 AM
HXNTK3JTT6WP taken.

Thank you.
06-08-2012, 07:25 AM
6RFWLNTPKEJT taken thx guys!

Heavy Devil is my latest game, check it out! AppStore GooglePlay
06-08-2012, 07:44 AM
The rules may need to be summarized in simple text somewhere for slow learners like me.

Basically, the objective is to get 21 and not over it.

First part of a match, you decide how many fingers to show. Your opponent shows his. The number is added up and then you decide if you want to go again. If you go over 21 in the next round you lose, if you hit 21, you win. If you hit below 21, the turn goes to your opponent. (I was very confused by the tutorial because I didn't understand why I was "throwing for my opponent".)

The next part of the game is what I need some clarification on: It's the opponent's turn.
So same thing, you decide on the number of fingers to show, and they are added up with what your opponent chooses to put up. But I'm not clear. Sometimes my opponent's number is greater and I win, sometimes it's not and I lose. I'm a bit muddled over when the game decides I should draw again or not at this point. Can the dev (Jim?) or someone please explain what is happening in the second part of a match?

It looks to be pretty cool strategy game, and one that you could play even without the device with another person.

I thought the game is multi-touch but it isn't. I think it might be cool if it is.

BTW, appstore won't let people who took promo codes rate or leave reviews.
06-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Used H6RF466YA7PP
Thanks for the gift.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iosoftware
The rules are the same as blackjack.

1) The light below the hands shows who's round it is.

2) Your round goes always first (for simplification).

3) As you said, if you hit 21, you win, if you bust, you lose. If you hit 12 or more, there's no use to ask for more, becuase you'll obviously bust (12+10=22)

4) When the opponent takes his turn, the rules stay the same. Whoever gets more, wins. A draw does not count neither as a lost round, nor a won round.

5) Your chances to lose a round are shown in the upper-hand corner next to the heart symbol (you start with 70, because you play 100 rounds, and need to win 30 of them). A draw does not reduce your life count.

6) If you lose... you'll see

p.s. the AI does NOT know what you're throwing. It plays fair! It gets more difficult over time, because the AI is adaptive - it remembers your choices for typical situations, and adjusts the strategy.
06-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks very much for the explanation, Jim. Good to know the AI is adaptive too.
06-08-2012, 08:49 AM
WYRRXY366MTF taken...

thanks!