★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sennep
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 23.9 MB
  • Version: 1.65
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: *** App Store Game of the Year 2012 - Runner-Up ***
*** App Store Editors' Choice (Worldwide) ***
*** #1 Game in 22 countries ***

OLO is an addictive game of skill and strategy, a new generation social board game for all ages. Play with up to three friends or play online against anyone, anywhere.

The aim is to get as many of your OLOs into your target zone. Use cunning techniques to outmanoeuvre your opponent and claim victory, but beware the death finger!

Reviews:
OLO is one of the classiest productions you'll ever see on iOS, a minimalist multiplayer game that's as achingly gorgeous as it is perfectly tuned Eurogamer
A nearly perfect multiplayer game that's as simple as it is beautiful Slide to Play
10/10. Its amazing that how a very simple concept can be so entertaining and addictive Action Radius
Internet craze OLO, 'the Skee-Ball for the 21st century' The Daily Mail
Puzzling Fun for the Whole Family iPhoneAlley

Accolades:
Gold Award The Lovie Awards (2012)
Gold Award The Fresh Awards (2012)

Features:
- Fresh minimal design
- Two player
- Four player
- Online multi-player
- Game Center
- Voice Chat
- iPhone 6 ready
- Beautiful soundscape
- Universal
- Themes

We are constantly looking at ways to improve or develop aspects of the game. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for news updates.
06-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Game of the week? What is this?

06-08-2012, 08:24 AM
OLO game (Universal)

06-08-2012, 09:35 AM
If Gabe and I could figure out how to start a game, this would be pretty fun. The hell is going on...?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
If Gabe and I could figure out how to start a game, this would be pretty fun. The hell is going on...?
Yes, if anyone would care to point out how to utilize the "Invite" option in GC to play a game it would be much appreciated. (And if someone can tell me how to get rid of the horrible trumpet sound when an invitation is received, I'll gift you a 99c game of your choice.)
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Yes, if anyone would care to point out how to utilize the "Invite" option in GC to play a game it would be much appreciated. (And if someone can tell me how to get rid of the horrible trumpet sound when an invitation is received, I'll gift you a 99c game of your choice.)
Does going to "settings...notification..gamecenter" then turning off the sound notification work?

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
06-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Does going to "settings...notification..gamecenter" then turning off the sound notification work?
Unfortunately not. I don't even have Gamecenter in my notifications list at all, and still get that trumpet. I know it's possible to turn off game invites completely, surely there must be a way to mute them? It just wouldn't be like Apple to withhold basic options, and think they know what I really want better than I do...would it?
06-08-2012, 10:53 AM
The game's pretty decent, but there are definitely connection issues as well as a couple of other bugs. There's something with the volume for one and sometimes even though the game's still in progress, you just can't play on and are forced to quit.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Game Impressions

I haven't experienced any bugs with the gameplay itself, but definitely a few oddities with connecting to play online. This is a turn based game; going with asynchronous multiplayer would probably have been a better option all round.

As for the game itself: simple, stylish, and more depth than first meets the eye. I really like it. The online multiplayer just needs to get sorted; asynchronous is the way to go, if only in addition to what is already there.

Also note: there is no computer opponent. Only 2 or 4 player matches on the same device (you can of course also use this mode to practice) or GC multiplayer.
06-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for playing OLO! I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing bugs and crashes playing online multiplayer. We are currently working hard to provide an update with fixes as soon as possible. We hope to get something submitted early next week.

In order to invite a Game Center friend to a match please go Online->Friend->Choose a friend from the list of friends. This should open a Game Center View to complete the process. I am not sure it's possible to do that directly from within the Game Center app. Do you know of any app where this is possible?

@Gabrien: What iOS version are you running? I just tried going to Settings->Notifications->Game Center->Sounds Off and got rid of the trumpet. Maybe an older iOS version doesn't have this option?

Please let me know if you have any more questions or suggestions regarding OLO. Again, really sorry about any issues you are having.

Thanks!

Christoph from team OLO