★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Solomon Dark (by Raptisoft: creator of Solomon Keep, Solomon Boneyard)

07-12-2012, 01:52 AM
Just saw this on TA main page and my initial reaction: fantastic news!!!
I have to admit I never really got into the Boneyard but loved the Keep. Always wished for it to be iPad compatible as I don't play too many iPhone games anymore since the iPad came out. Can't wait for the expanded Keep, great to hear Raptisoft is back to roaring on iOS. I still consider Keep as one of the all time greatest games period. Played it more than any console game for sure. Exciting stuff!!
07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
welcome back rapti! its been a while...im so excited for SD! i still play SK and SB on my ipad in 2x mode, any plans on making the old games universal also?

07-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
The Retina is there.
Really? Doesn't look any different to me - the menus are still a bit fuzzy (like non-retina things look on a retina screen) and the lightning and shadows in particular look very pixelated at the edges.

I still think it looks very good though, it always did - it didn't suffer too much from being non-retina graphics on a retina screen like some games do.
07-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
Really? Doesn't look any different to me - the menus are still a bit fuzzy (like non-retina things look on a retina screen) and the lightning and shadows in particular look very pixelated at the edges.

I still think it looks very good though, it always did - it didn't suffer too much from being non-retina graphics on a retina screen like some games do.
"Also planned is Retina Display updates for all current titles, the first of which has just hit for Solomon’s Boneyard. As great as this sounds, since all the graphics in these games were pre-rendered then the bump in resolution doesn’t make that dramatic of a difference, though it’s definitely sharper."--TA Front Page.
07-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to V!3T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
"Also planned is Retina Display updates for all current titles, the first of which has just hit for Solomon’s Boneyard. As great as this sounds, since all the graphics in these games were pre-rendered then the bump in resolution doesn’t make that dramatic of a difference, though it’s definitely sharper."--TA Front Page.
Technically it's like if you stretch a small resolution picture, then view it on the new macbook pro. We'll see some blocks, pixels, etc. but they are simply sharper.
07-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Must say I'll be looking forward to this.

All of the features that are being added make it seem like much more of a new title rather than just an expansion.

I'll be hoping for any news soon.

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
08-06-2012, 01:42 AM
John Raptis... Well at least I can stop calling you 'Rapti' now

I started reading your interview on AppSpy. Very interesting.

Any updates on Solomon Dark? I am starting to get pretty excited about this. It sounds like it could be out in a couple months, yes no?

And any update on Retina Solomon's Keep/Robot Wants Pussy I MEAN Kitty

Last edited by SumoSplash; 08-07-2012 at 11:29 PM.
08-27-2012, 11:36 AM
=O

News?
08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Just dropping in to give an update... a new video with some skills that aren't in Boneyard or Keep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4dl3...ature=youtu.be

Try Solomon's Keep!

And visit www.raptisoft.com for other games and craziness.
09-12-2012, 02:30 AM
@Rapti: Any release news!?
The last video looks great!