Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:41 PM
SumoSplash SumoSplash is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.
Posts: 2,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptisoft View Post
Retina testing on Boneyard and Keep starts tomorrow. Hoggy and Robot Wants Kitty, too. Just need to make sure the games run as expected, as new versions of XCode have come out, and, you and quote me on this, "every time Apple updates anything, they break my games."

Just found this thread by clicking a button I never noticed before on YouTube. Solomon Dark is progressing nicely, and is basically going to be "Boneyard the way I would have done it if there was more memory." Oh, and one more thing: Multiplayer.
HOLY F!

Retina for BONEYARD!!!! That alone is enough to make my entire MONTH! Any idea how long before they become available?

Rapti, so glad you are on the forum. Boneyard is an absolute gem and I have been praying it got an update with Retina. That's the only thing that is dating it!

And Solomon Dark as what Boneyard COULD have been? Are you kidding?!

This is great, GREAT news

Keep in touch!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Zallman Zallman is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 382
Default

Bought both the other games and played the crap out of both of them on my touch. I am very glad to hear that the new one is coming to ipad!

Thanks for the updates and I can't wait, this will be a day1 purchase for me.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 AM
stutz stutz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 163
Default

Love all the Solomon games and will likely get this. One question:

What makes this different from the other two games?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Goose Goose is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 521
Default

This makes me so happy. I sunk far too much time into the first 2 games. Can't wait.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
lilneo lilneo is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sonora, México
Posts: 212
Default

Any news!? :/
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Raptisoft Raptisoft is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutz View Post
Love all the Solomon games and will likely get this. One question:

What makes this different from the other two games?
Dark is not significantly different than Boneyard in gameplay. Some of the differences are:

o A new category of offensive spell (earth) and associated welds
o The ability to summon things to fight for you
o A more robust skill system (play randomly, or play Diablo2 style)
o A third tier of modifiers to primary attacks (i.e. lighting -> chaining & stun -> prismatic spray and disintegration, or fireball -> explode & embers -> embers to imps & immolate)
o Numerous new spells
o You can enchant your staff to become a melee fighter
o Multiplayer
o The wizard college is fleshed out and can be upgraded as a meta game
o Better graphics and more enemies
o Voice work
o Make your own characters instead of using predesigned ones
o Quick slots on screen for equipping
o Hugely expanded item list, including item sets, and more interesting item effects.
o A different perk system that lets you stack more perks if you have the money.


Keep is also destined for a rewrite, for the same reasons: the original games had to be compatible with iPhone 1, but iDevices have moved WAY forward on memory and speed, and I want to do versions of the games that have good graphics and all the situations I couldn't afford, memory and speed wise, to put into the first versions.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-23-2012, 06:08 AM
SumoSplash SumoSplash is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.
Posts: 2,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptisoft View Post
Dark is not significantly different than Boneyard in gameplay. Some of the differences are:

o A new category of offensive spell (earth) and associated welds
o The ability to summon things to fight for you
o A more robust skill system (play randomly, or play Diablo2 style)
o A third tier of modifiers to primary attacks (i.e. lighting -> chaining & stun -> prismatic spray and disintegration, or fireball -> explode & embers -> embers to imps & immolate)
o Numerous new spells
o You can enchant your staff to become a melee fighter
o Multiplayer
o The wizard college is fleshed out and can be upgraded as a meta game
o Better graphics and more enemies
o Voice work
o Make your own characters instead of using predesigned ones
o Quick slots on screen for equipping
o Hugely expanded item list, including item sets, and more interesting item effects.
o A different perk system that lets you stack more perks if you have the money.


Keep is also destined for a rewrite, for the same reasons: the original games had to be compatible with iPhone 1, but iDevices have moved WAY forward on memory and speed, and I want to do versions of the games that have good graphics and all the situations I couldn't afford, memory and speed wise, to put into the first versions.
Any idea on when the Retina versions of Boneyard and Keep will be available? I am literally foaming at the mouth here
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Krollx Krollx is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 448
Default

What type of multiplayer will Dark have? Bluetooth/local wifi/online?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Raptisoft Raptisoft is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 277
Default

Retina is already working-- the immediate issue is that the retina graphics are too big to fit in the 20mb limit for cellular downloads, so I'm putting together a button on settings so that it'll download them from my server, rather than bundling them right in.

Dark Multiplayer: Wifi/Online. You can actually play with people on PC/Mac as well.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-23-2012, 05:10 PM
SumoSplash SumoSplash is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.
Posts: 2,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptisoft View Post
Retina is already working-- the immediate issue is that the retina graphics are too big to fit in the 20mb limit for cellular downloads, so I'm putting together a button on settings so that it'll download them from my server, rather than bundling them right in.

Dark Multiplayer: Wifi/Online. You can actually play with people on PC/Mac as well.
Rapti,

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a little confused. So we will be downloading Retina straight from inside the game itself? I guess we'll be getting an update for Boneyard first and then we'll be able to do this through the settings?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent