★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Temple of Arkadoom - Official Thread

05-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Temple of Arkadoom - Official Thread

Hi all,

I would like to make this the official Temple of Arkadoom thread. Here we would like to listen to your impressions and critiques. Tell us what you like and what you don't. As a proof that we listen, most of the features in version 1.1 were gathered from feedback from this forum.

So to start this, few announcements. First, like somebody observed the Lite version is up. It does not have yet the 1.1 features since it was given to Apple a long time ago (I have no idea why they took so long to post it). Anyway, we will be submitting a Lite 1.1 sometimes this week.

Second, the Temple of Arkadoom v1.1 is out so if you already have the game make sure you update. If you do not have the game yet, now it is time to buy, because...

...third, we are having a Memorial Weekend sale, the game now being only $1.99.

We are already working on version 1.2. While the 1.1 version was centered around improving the story mode, this version will add a lot of new features to the random generated maps. We plan to add a ladder mode, more engaging random maps and others. However we would like your feedback as to what other new things (or fixes) you would like to see in the incoming versions.

Thank you,
Temple of Arkadoom Development Team
05-23-2009, 10:36 PM
ooo i should download this

brb

05-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Treasure chests, traps, more monsters in randomlly generated dungeons, more items, maybe enchanted items, and what about rarity of stuff. Like common, rare, unique, legendary? All with different stats depending on what they are.

No Sig
05-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Has anyone played this yet, if so how is the gameplay?

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
05-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Price drop to $1.99, am I correct?
(Sorry, trying to act smart X.x)

Celebrating the Bliss of Eliss~
Eliss, my #1 favorite game of all time
05-23-2009, 10:45 PM
continuous movement would be nice.
05-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsrule424 View Post
Has anyone played this yet, if so how is the gameplay?
There's a lite version, it's doesn't have the latest features in the new update though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
continuous movement would be nice.
In order to keep the dev from repeating himself look here. It's not much, but it shows he is listening.
05-24-2009, 02:49 AM
I'm really impressed with this game. Yes the deb said something about looking into continuous movement again. That's great. The game will run smoother and quicker if they can work it out. Really promising game so far though.
05-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutmike View Post
Treasure chests, traps, more monsters in randomlly generated dungeons, more items, maybe enchanted items, and what about rarity of stuff. Like common, rare, unique, legendary? All with different stats depending on what they are.
Traps, chests and secret doors are in the 1.1 release.

I'm with you on the other things and what I'd like to see is some 'moxie' added to the monsters you fight which require at least basic strategy (bash weapons do more dmg to skele's, sorcerers are magic-resistant, etc) and of course boss monsters guarding treasure rooms! Also the magic portion of the game needs a lot of fleshing out to make playing that type of character actually viable. How about adding a monetary system to the game and perhaps a wandering merchant in the dungeon; for that matter how about a wandering thief that sneaks up on you and snarfs an item from your backpack who's hard to kill 'cause he runs away but if you ever do he drops a killer item?