★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Is Kyles Quest 2 worth it?

05-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Is Kyles Quest 2 worth it?

it looks pretty cool. Is it a good game?
05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
It has been free before, might be free again. I picked it up but haven't played it yet.

Don't check this site or private messages often.

05-24-2009, 12:03 AM
um

its interesting

not the best out there but... it has potential

the controls can be a bit difficult

i always thought it was kind of like a cross between the LOZ and Pokemon

pick it up if its free
05-24-2009, 12:26 AM
It's funny I was wondering the same thing but I figure that NOBODY would have played it yet since were too busy buying new apps like arvale, chronicles of inotia, etc.

I remember reading about how you can create new levels yourself for this game? I wonder what that is about not sure but sounds interesting...
05-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appreview123 View Post
It's funny I was wondering the same thing but I figure that NOBODY would have played it yet since were too busy buying new apps like arvale, chronicles of inotia, etc.

I remember reading about how you can create new levels yourself for this game? I wonder what that is about not sure but sounds interesting...
why would you think nobody would have played this yet? it came out may2nd, and it was free.

however the create your own adventure is pretty damn cool.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
why would you think nobody would have played this yet? it came out may2nd, and it was free.

however the create your own adventure is pretty damn cool.
Eh I just figured most people only value that which has a price =P

I just remember getting it when it was free and putting it on the backburner since I just spent 3 bucks on Arvale. I'm sure if I had paid money for KQ2 I would have made sure to play it.

Anyone else though have a good review of this game?
05-24-2009, 01:20 AM
why do you need a review if you got it for free?

oh and I think you'll find even more support and love for the free games.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-24-2009, 01:58 AM
It was free right before the dev added a new update with DPAD controls. Before that it was point and click and was kind of lame as far as movement. The game is pretty cool though.
05-24-2009, 02:06 AM
The game is okay. It's definitely showing it's age though (it originally came out at least 5 years ago on Pocket PC / Palm). The graphics are small and pixelated, the interface is somewhat difficult at times because things are small and scrunched together, and it's very slow paced compared to more modern RPGs like The Quest or Zenonia. On the plus side, with 20 adventures included in the main download, it has a lot of content, especially when you can get it for free.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre