★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fabled Lands - Megara Entertainment : $0.99 -> FREE

06-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Fabled Lands - Megara Entertainment : $0.99 -> FREE

First installment in the series is FREE.
Good way to check it out if you're undecided on the Gold package.

Fabled Lands
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fabled-lands/id421720874?mt=8&ls=1

Fabled Lands HD (iPad Only)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fabled-lands-hd/id415170080?mt=8&ls=1
06-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Ouch...over 700 Megs...I really should have bought a 64 Gb instead of a 16...

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!

06-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Ouch...over 700 Megs...I really should have bought a 64 Gb instead of a 16...
Yeah, even 64 gbs isn't enough... Mine is always full... Now 128 gb would have been nice

Downloading now.

Not worth downloading. Game seems like a lite version asking one everywhere to purchase full version. Also game is not too fun, and for some reason takes a very long time to install.

Last edited by Connector; 06-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm happy to be able to give this a try. So, thanks for that.

The main reason why I never got it despite hearing a lot of good things about this one is that I would rather they finish making all the episodes and package it as one complete game rather than buy in episodes-as-they-come.
06-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
I'm happy to be able to give this a try. So, thanks for that.

The main reason why I never got it despite hearing a lot of good things about this one is that I would rather they finish making all the episodes and package it as one complete game rather than buy in episodes-as-they-come.
That's just why I didn't buy it. I'm waiting for a final full release. But sure I'll give it a go for nothing.
06-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Damn just buy fabled lands 2 gold a couple of weeks back at full price, figured that it was the kind of game that would never go down in price by too much, thats the appstore for you! Pretty good game though, nice deal for sure.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
06-09-2012, 10:50 PM
I bought this when it first came out then they came out with the stupid gold edition that is so much cheaper and with the bonus in game gift. Really annoying. At least the 3rd book will be a standalone per the author's wish. At least that was the news I heard then.

Apple: Iphone 4S - os 8.2/ Ipod touch 4G - os 6.1/ Ipad 2 - os 5.0.1
Android: LG G2 - os 4.2.2 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G - os 4.4.2
06-10-2012, 03:34 AM
Hello.
I am the manager for Megara and Fabled Lands.
We did not intend to lower the price that much or to set the first app free.
I did it because the authors have decided that :
- My company Megara will not design any other Fabled Lands apps in the future
- Our license for the first game will not be renewed and on July 20th the two base apps will be removed for the store. Fabled Lands II will however be allowed to stay on the store one more year after which we'll have to remove it as well.

The authors have taken this decision based on 2 factors :
- Our fabled lands apps were the most profitable gamebook apps ever designed on the app store but they thought it was still not profitable enough.
- They wanted in the hope of more profit to relaunch the Fabled Lands apps but with a developer capable of doing it on all platforms at once not only Apple. Megara was not in a position to do this as our coders are mainly iOS coders.
I have heard that the new version of Fabled Lands 1 by that other developer will be out this year. Megara will have nothing to do with it and we have not licensed them anything like our art.

I was sad to hear that, and my team was sad too, but that was the author's decision only - Megara had even started FL3 production when we heard the bad news.

A global note :

Whether or not you enjoy our products, we stay commited to reinvesting 98% of our apps earnings to develop new apps. We have been true to that since 2009. Arcana Agency Prologue financed Fabled Lands 1. Fabled Lands 1 financed Fabled Lands 2. Fabled Lands 2 financed the recent Keep of the Lich Lord app. The Keep of the Lich Lord was supposed to finance Fabled Lands 3, but as you read above it won't be the case. However, I can say to you that it is currently instead financing Arcana Agency, the sequel to the prologue (still available on the store) released in 2009. A HD sequel that will make use of the technology we developed over the years.
If you use facebook, you can join our Arcana Agency development group here and see some exclusive new screenshots from this upcoming game :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/190795504358929/

Last edited by Ninievre; 06-10-2012 at 04:12 AM.
06-10-2012, 04:16 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that. I've always thought that your products were brilliant, especially your customer communications.
I really hope your future products are successful and allow you to continue doing what you obviously love to do.
I'll be sure to follow your company and purchase your apps to show you my support.