★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iPod Touch says that the game is installed, but it's not. please help.

05-24-2009, 01:27 AM
iPod Touch says that the game is installed, but it's not. please help.

So i bought that Road rage game while back and was just now getting around to try it out, the problem is that it says that the game is already installed on my iPod Touch when i go to download it in the App Store, but it's not there, never has been. How can i fix this?
Thanks.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
So i bought that Road rage game while back and was just now getting around to try it out, the problem is that it says that the game is already installed on my iPod Touch when i go to download it in the App Store, but it's not there, never has been. How can i fix this?
Thanks.
you stock or jb?

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

05-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Have you tried restarting your device? My iPhone does that to me sometimes too, problem is usually fixed by rebooting

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
05-24-2009, 01:31 AM
Stock, and i have tried restarting my device.

05-24-2009, 01:32 AM
i had a similar problem back with the old firmware and I had to ssh/diskaid into the phone and delete the empty folder that was messing it up.

have you tried installing it from your computer? does it think it's installed too? can you uncheck it on the computer and see if that will uninstall it?

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-24-2009, 01:34 AM
are you trying to d/l through the app store on your ipod or using your computer?

playing: too many to list
05-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecanary View Post
are you trying to d/l through the app store on your ipod or using your computer?
I originally bought the game on my computer and now i am trying to download it on my iPod Touch.

05-24-2009, 01:36 AM
mmm I had this problem on my 1st gen iPhone. Turns out the max page limit is 10, and I had filled up every single page. I just deleted an app, restarted my device and the new app I got started downloading immediately. I also had downloaded everything through the iPhone itunes store.

My law: Play any game you get starting on it's hardest difficulty. It's less fun and more frustrating that way
05-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
i had a similar problem back with the old firmware and I had to ssh/diskaid into the phone and delete the empty folder that was messing it up.

have you tried installing it from your computer? does it think it's installed too? can you uncheck it on the computer and see if that will uninstall it?
What's ssh/diskaid?
And that's a good idea, i will try to check/uncheck it next time i sync the iPod with my computer.

05-24-2009, 01:39 AM
when your ipod synced after you bought it, it may have tried to install when there was no space and now it thinks it's there but isn't. usually if you sync to your computer and uncheck it, it will remove it, then recheck it and as long as there is icon space it should install

playing: too many to list