★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Perilar

05-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Perilar

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this game.

So to anyone who has it....

Did you guys enjoy the game? How long is it, how many classes, are there tons of spells / items to get? Are the drops random from monsters?

Also I enjoyed Rogue Touch plenty, and still am. They both have the same controls I believe right? Well I don't know if I should get it... $5 is a steep price. But one of my favorite games is rogue touch, so are they alike?

Overall is it worth it?

No Sig
05-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutmike View Post
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this game.

So to anyone who has it....

Did you guys enjoy the game? How long is it, how many classes, are there tons of spells / items to get? Are the drops random from monsters?

Also I enjoyed Rogue Touch plenty, and still am. They both have the same controls I believe right? Well I don't know if I should get it... $5 is a steep price. But one of my favorite games is rogue touch, so are they alike?

Overall is it worth it?
I only know what I briefly read from the App Store reviews but it sounds pretty iffy (at least to me). Supposedly a decent storyline and some class race combinations to play with but I don't think there is anything random about it (the key element that makes Rogue Touch so cool and a different adventure every time you play) and not a whole lot of options in building up your character (evidently you only gain HP when you level up).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Yah, I tried the lite ALONG time ago. That's when it didn't let you pick classes and stuff. I just wanted to get some TA members feedback of the game. See if they liked it , and their opinions.

No Sig
05-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I only know what I briefly read from the App Store reviews but it sounds pretty iffy (at least to me). Supposedly a decent storyline and some class race combinations to play with but I don't think there is anything random about it (the key element that makes Rogue Touch so cool and a different adventure every time you play) and not a whole lot of options in building up your character (evidently you only gain HP when you level up).
Eh... I heard that armour / weapons drop randomly, and new version has dungeons. Yah I know its not randomly generated... but I wonder how long it will last you and if there is a max level or something.

No Sig
05-24-2009, 10:55 AM
I own it I'm swamped until Wednesday, though, put questions here and I can answer questions about it Wednesday.

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I remember Perilar coming up in a LOT of "avoid this game" "avoid this dev" threads

This was near October though.

I remember playing the lite version very briefly and getting rid of it. I don't think I gave it a fair shot since then but I have so many games downloaded that I wouldn't think of getting it for 5 bucks
05-24-2009, 11:08 AM
I have too many games too, but I'm a sucker for any RPG game. I'd happily pay 10 dollars for The Quest and Rogue Touch anyday. I'm just wondering if it lasts with tons of content.

No Sig
05-24-2009, 12:09 PM
It's horrible. Seriously, it's a pathetic accuse for a game. The dev is a douche too. Avoid.