★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Geomex - an addictive puzzle game

05-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Geomex - an addictive puzzle game

Hello guys, this happens to be my first post ever here at TA,
I just got to recommend an excellent little gem of a puzzle game called Geomex. Fast-paced similar-shape-finding gameplay, clean and simple graphics - the game is one of my absolute favorites.

Geomex is like ... two dollars or something.

Lite version

Full version

Looking forward to see if anyone else happen to enjoy the game :-)
05-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redegard View Post
Hello guys, this happens to be my first post ever here at TA, Looking forward to see if anyone else happen to enjoy the game :-)
The game has been out over 6 months.. are you the developer?

05-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
The game has been out over 6 months.. are you the developer?
I certainly wish I was.
Used to make simple puzzle games in quickbasic back then, there's where it all ended for me.

I'm aware the game isn't new, it was one of my most-played games many months ago, then happened to remove it and had it installed again today.
And what can I say, I was hooked again. :-)

Sorry if I broke any forum rules by mentioning a game which isn't new - it won't happen again!
05-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Sorry if I broke any forum rules by mentioning a game which isn't new - it won't happen again!
You did not break any forum rules. From the rules. - but please identify yourself as the developer.

It is cool you liked this game so much though.
05-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Sorry, I tried the lite version but it didn't do it for me and I'm a big puzzle genre fan. But hey, thats' just me and like I said there's a lite version, so you can make your own minds up.

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker
05-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateJoker View Post
Sorry, I tried the lite version but it didn't do it for me and I'm a big puzzle genre fan. But hey, thats' just me and like I said there's a lite version, so you can make your own minds up.
One thing I didn't mention is that out of the game's different game modes,
it's the one called "Mono Mode" that I've almost exclusively been playing.
Too bad that one isn't included in the lite version :-(
(At least I don't think so ...)
05-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Quote:
I certainly wish I was.
Used to make simple puzzle games in quickbasic back then, there's where it all ended for me.

I'm aware the game isn't new, it was one of my most-played games many months ago, then happened to remove it and had it installed again today.
And what can I say, I was hooked again. :-)

I'm constantly rediscovering old gems as I just entered the iphone scene in mid February of this year. I was slightly interested in this some time ago and completely forgot about, thanks for bringing it back up to the front of my mind.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Hello guys, this happens to be my first post ever here at TA,
I just got to recommend an excellent little gem of a puzzle game called Geomex. Fast-paced similar-shape-finding gameplay, clean and simple graphics - the game is one of my absolute favorites.

Geomex is like ... two dollars or something.

Lite version

Full version

Looking forward to see if anyone else happen to enjoy the game :-)
You persuasive bastage! The Lite version was okay but DANG, I love the huge variety of modes in the full game and how they change the rules with how moves can be chained!

I could do without the "Puzzle Mode" but that's just me. I hate Puzzle Modes in my puzzle games. I'm all about scoring as many points as possible on a randomized playfield, not "how quickly can you find the level's one possible solution" crap.

Thanks again, Redegard, for reminding me about this one (even if I do completely suck at it so far).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
You persuasive bastage! The Lite version was okay but DANG, I love the huge variety of modes in the full game and how they change the rules with how moves can be chained!

I could do without the "Puzzle Mode" but that's just me. I hate Puzzle Modes in my puzzle games. I'm all about scoring as many points as possible on a randomized playfield, not "how quickly can you find the level's one possible solution" crap.

Thanks again, Redegard, for reminding me about this one (even if I do completely suck at it so far).
What you're saying, I completely agree with here :-)
Games without a nice endless mode aren't worth it in the long run.
That's what puzzlers are all about (well, actually, fighting a friend in vs mode is even better, but as I haven't got wifi possibilities at my place, it's out of the question most of the time)
You'll notice, LordGek, that when you get a little more used to the game, it will get really addictive :-) (then you got to tell me your high score, I'll just try to beat it, okay?)
05-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Great, d/l the free demo now.

I would like to say that I always have some reservations about a game being labelled "addictive". Well, in real life, "addictive" stuff requires you to pay more to get more and more. If you get more for free, I don't think that is very much capitalism. OTOH, I can call PathPix real "addictive" because I am willing to pay for more puzzles. (Whichever-god-you-believe-in blesses the iPhone 3.0!)

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)