★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iNetMania iPhone Board Game ( $4.99 -> $1.99 )

05-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Send a message via AIM to TechPadProductions Send a message via Skype™ to TechPadProductions
iNetMania iPhone Board Game ( $4.99 -> $1.99 )

Hi All,

This is the developer of iNetMania. It has surely been a very interesting road going from a new developer, investing capitol into development, getting Apple marketing support and watching the app store turn into what I call "the race to $.99".

I will probably end up writing one of those tell all blog posts that reveals all the details at some point :P

With all we have learned from this experience we will be releasing some entertaining new Apps (not games, although gamers will love them ) very soon that have professional voice talent in them. We just secured our Screen Actors Guild signatory status..woohoo!

But to the point, iNetMania ( http://itunes.inetmania.com or http://www.inetmania.com ) is being reduced to as low as we can let it go at the moment, $1.99.

We have a long way to go to even recoup our costs on the game.

Thanks for all the support along the way TA and here is to more fun in the future!
05-24-2009, 03:53 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

trailer. for the people who are wondering what the hell inetmania is

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

05-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Quote:
trailer. for the people who are wondering what the hell inetmania is
which I made btw.

Also, if tech pad is working on some new apps, there is an app I was in dire need for, and there is only one competing app in the app store with poor graphics and a crappy UI, and an overall bad experience. It would probably only take you guys a week to code and make if you can get graphics quickly. Is it okay to PM you with the idea?

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
05-24-2009, 03:58 PM
great job indy!

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to TechPadProductions Send a message via Skype™ to TechPadProductions
Yup indyraider4 did a great job with the trailer!

And of course we are always down for looking at ideas. We are teamed with a great programmer and graphics person (soon to be announced)

It is kind of a shame that the app store has lent itself to lets make something quick so we can put it out at the $.99 or $1.99 range but hey, such is life :P
05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
great job indy!
Thanks!

and, sorry to advertise, but it is available to anyone for free.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
Challenge Me!
05-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Personally, I believe $1.99 will make this game do much better. I think inetmania is a fun boardgame, but its old price made it hard to sell, especially since there are so many other great games.

Don't miss out though, it's a good purchase, and I would know.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
05-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Personally, I believe $1.99 will make this game do much better. I think inetmania is a fun boardgame, but its old price made it hard to sell, especially since there are so many other great games.

Don't miss out though, it's a good purchase, and I would know.
I second this thought because it is so true. Especially with new 4.99+ games like Zenonia and Toki Tori

Although at 1.99 this is a steal. I have already won a few times and unlocked a few new pieces!

Challenge Me!