★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ace Commando

05-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Ace Commando

Link - 1.99
19.8mb
---
This is the new game made by the same team that made Abigale: Revenge of the Princess (1.99 - Full Version Lite Version)

Anyone will to put down Zenonia long enough to TOFTT??
---
Description
Player will play as Jack - a member of the commando unit from the Mars federation that was assigned to an operation on Earth. His mission is to raid the headquarters of the mysterious organization - HANDS. Get ready for the battle!

Ace Commando is a game that has different types of enemies, weapons and multiple levels of AI with powerful bosses. It also allows 2 different types of controls with Touch and Accelerometer that fit players' needs. It definitely is a game that you cannot miss!

Features:

- 12 levels, various enemies with diverse attack behaviors
- smart boss AI to increase the challenging level of the game
- easy/normal/hard modes to choose from
- Touch/Accelerometer controls with calibration
- brilliant graphics and music
- ranking

05-25-2009, 12:50 AM
I've been playing it.

I want to like it more than I do.

The controls really hurt an otherwise nicely designed game. I like this developer's style. It may also suffer from a repetitive mechanic though... similar to Abigale.

so you are the soldier on the bottom of the screen and can move left and right. There is a targeting sight that you can move by tapping on the location and the sight moves, and you will continously fire when you are not moving.

- double tap on the left/right buttons and you will do a roll in that direction
- swiping across the screen brings in an air attack which wipes out the field of enemies
- there are a few weapon upgrades you can pick up and point bonuses.
- Appaears to be structured with a boss at the end of each level. I made it through 1 boss and half way through second level.

It's a bit awkward alternating between moving the sight and your player at the same time. There is an accelerometer option to target with, but I found that even harder to use.

arn

05-25-2009, 01:21 AM
Just saw this and wondered if the controls would be a problem. I'm liking the art style but was hoping to get a look at a video. We'll see...
05-25-2009, 01:37 AM
This one reminds me of WWII Alone but the graphics and contents seem to be more plentiful. I have problem with WWIIA's control scheme, I don't know if this one has similar complaint. I think I need a free demo to see it myself.

Anyone with more impressions?

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadeio4 View Post
Just saw this and wondered if the controls would be a problem. I'm liking the art style but was hoping to get a look at a video. We'll see...
have the same worries... whatever say, it seem challenging, exciting. attractive to me. but really wonder why no YouYube? some other impressions or reviews OK
05-25-2009, 08:13 PM
I think this is a really good game with an unfortunate release date. Coming on the heels of Zenonia, no one has paid any attention to this game, and I think that's a shame because I'm having a lot of fun with it. To me, it plays like a more fully developed WWII Alone, which I thought was a very enjoyable game in its own right.

I hope this game catches on and someone respected at this site (i.e. Big Albie) gives it a go and shares some impressions (good or bad).
05-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
I want to like it more than I do.

The controls really hurt an otherwise nicely designed game. I like this developer's style. It may also suffer from a repetitive mechanic though... similar to Abigale.

It's a bit awkward alternating between moving the sight and your player at the same time. There is an accelerometer option to target with, but I found that even harder to use.

arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum_2107 View Post
I hope this game catches on and someone respected at this site (i.e. Big Albie) gives it a go and shares some impressions (good or bad).
Already done by the Admin here.. the controls need some work.
05-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Please take a look, here's the gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Meridian; 05-26-2009 at 05:43 AM.
05-26-2009, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
Please take a look, here's the gameplay video:

Wow after seeing it in action I really wish I could get it

Since posting I also checked out Abigale Lite as Arn said that is was similar to Abigale in that the mechanic is repetitive... well it turns out that I really love that game. So I'm definitely putting this and Abigale on my snipe list until I eventually have some money to get them
05-26-2009, 05:11 AM
According to the video, it does not look that bad. Actually, I find it better than WWIIA.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)