★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ultra Word Blitz (iPhone)

06-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Ultra Word Blitz (iPhone)

★★★★ .. insanely addictive fun!
★★★★ .. great execution. Many hours of gameplay. Ultra Word Blitz is a keeper!

Ultra Word Blitz is a fast paced word game. Unscramble as many words as you can before the time runs out. In Endless mode, unscramble and string as many words together as you can. Each time you get a word corret the timer bar resets.. try and save those “Skips”.

In Blitz mode unscramble as many words as possible in 3 minutes.

★ Two Game Modes
★ Game Center Leader Boards
★ Every round is a new Experience
★ Thousands of words
★ Super accurate dictionary / work check
★ A great way to exercise your brain!

06-12-2012, 01:35 PM
PROMO CODES:

3KFMXPF6TTXP
A4MTJPNYJWN4
EX6MX74MKHW3
FLTH3WK4XFR9
L3M66FN6MAXL
RJK4KMW6N9X3
H3RP3RJLYXWH
A3N37JJ3YE6A
XN3EEATFJENX
7LJX399XJE9K
JKTWW7EJE3NT
FX9LN6JXRHXY
FJE49YE4KYPL
7PE9TJNRHMWL
ENFH77XKEX7F

Please Post if you take and if you enjoy please take a minute to rate/review -Matt

06-12-2012, 02:29 PM
A3N37JJ3YE6A taken...

tahnks!
06-12-2012, 02:32 PM
ENFH77XKEX7F taken. thank you kindly.
06-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Just redeemed L3M66FN6MAXL now. Thanks for sharing!
06-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Looked as if the codes are gone, but I'll give it a try and report back in a bit. I'm a sucker for word games...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
06-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Quick review of the game. Actually... I really like it.

I thought it was going to be another of the "see how many words you can make out of seven letters" type of game, but it's actually much more straight forward, and with that -- a lot more fun.

Basically you are given five letters and you have to figure out the word you can make with them. That's it. You don't worry about three letter or four letter words -- just find the one word.

But you have to worry about time and it's amazing what the threat of running out of time will do for your brain as you try to put the five letters into place. In Blitz Mode you have three minutes to see how many you can do before time runs out. In "Endless" Mode you have a little bit of time for each word and as long as you can come up with the word before the timer runs out you can keep playing. Once you can't come up with the word in time. It's game over.

You have three passes per game and at first I thought, "I'll never need those", but they saved my but a few times.

The play of the game is really simple and the controls work very well. My only wish is that there would be some sort of "Here's how to play" to get you going. The first game I played I thought I needed to come up with many words from by five letters. I didn't know what was going on until it dawned on me that they are only looking for five letter words. Once I had that I was ready to go, but it would have helped to just have a splash screen show you what the object of the game is.

To that point, I didn't know where the pass was until I got an arrow warning me that time was running out and I just hit near the arrow. Then I realized that is where the passes are... This could have been in a very quick tutorial.

But that little hiccup aside. This is a fun, simple, and surprisingly fresh take on the word game and I'll be working to get to the top of the leader boards as soon as I can. Easily worth the buck for the game.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
06-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Thank you so much for the thorough review. It makes a developer feel great to see such feedback. I take your recommendations to heart and will add the suggested features on the very first update!

Cheers,
Matt