★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Suggestion for TA & Big Albie.

05-25-2009, 03:01 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 336
Suggestion for TA & Big Albie.

This Big Albie guy, he's bad man, he made me buy all these games, all i did was is read his reviews

But seriously, Big Albie is hands down the best reviewer, not only here on TA but also on the App Store, the reviews are great and it hows, his reviews are rated the most helpful on most of the games he has reviewed.

The suggestion i have is, instead of his name being "AlbieOne", why not just change it to "TouchArcade" to promote the site? Or is this against Apple's TOS?

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-25-2009, 03:03 AM
#2
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,215
wrong forum bro, this would belong in the site feedback.

this forum is for games that are official, and currently out. not for anything else.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

05-25-2009, 03:06 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 336
Ooops, didn't know that.
I have this forum bookmaked and always thought that this was a general discussion forum.
How can i delete this or move it to the site feedback?

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-25-2009, 03:12 AM
#4
Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
Ooops, didn't know that.
I have this forum bookmaked and always thought that this was a general discussion forum.
How can i delete this or move it to the site feedback?
A mod will move it.

At one time Arn was submitting front page reviews to the App Store, I haven't seen any lately, not sure why...

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-25-2009, 03:23 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,125
This is really a pointless, useless, purposeless thread. Big Albie is great, but you don't need to make a whole thread worshipping him =/

back
05-25-2009, 03:27 AM
#6
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,093
Before the mod moves this, let me add: you need help man...

Well, it is okay to me to worship somebody but TA has published some of BigA's reviews on the site. Time to print them out and put in a frame...

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-25-2009, 03:33 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
This is really a pointless, useless, purposeless thread. Big Albie is great, but you don't need to make a whole thread worshipping him =/
How is this pointless?
It's just another way to promote the site.
And i am not worshiping anybody.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-25-2009, 03:33 AM
#8
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Before the mod moves this, let me add: you need help man...
Oh yeah? and what makes you say that?

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-25-2009, 03:34 AM
#9
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,438
So, for various reasons I never got around to making formal announcement about Albie's official role. Essentially, he's a first impressions / forum reviewer for the site, and we feature his reviews on the front site from time to time. We fund his game purchases and he does an excellent job at providing the forums with impressions and reviews of major new titles.

That said, he's still his own agent and has his own voice. We sometimes disagree on opinions of games etc... but that's fine. I don't know if either he or we would be comfortable posting all his reviews under the toucharcade name on iTunes.

I think there's a burden being the official opinion of the site and not something anyone's looking for right now.

arn
05-25-2009, 12:57 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
So, for various reasons I never got around to making formal announcement about Albie's official role. Essentially, he's a first impressions / forum reviewer for the site, and we feature his reviews on the front site from time to time. We fund his game purchases and he does an excellent job at providing the forums with impressions and reviews of major new titles.

That said, he's still his own agent and has his own voice. We sometimes disagree on opinions of games etc... but that's fine. I don't know if either he or we would be comfortable posting all his reviews under the toucharcade name on iTunes.

I think there's a burden being the offiial opinion of the site and not something anyone's looking for right now.

arn
I agree that thingsshould not change, but this thread brings up a good point. Big albie's impressions are very important to many of us, do you think you could start a section were we can find all of his impressions here on TA? That would be absolutely amazing.