★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iFishing 1.3 update

11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
iFishing 1.3 update

Version 1.3 is now available. Let me know if you like the changes

Hopefully the lite version will be approved soon as well.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
11-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Downloading now, what was added this release??? And BTW thanks for adding the multi-touch boat controls last update

11-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Omg you added water fx?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
Version 1.3 is now available. Let me know if you like the changes

Hopefully the lite version will be approved soon as well.
OMG YOU ADDED WATER FX?!?!?!? IT'S AWESOME!!! And the fighting vibrate??? That was one of my biggest requests! You guys rock! great game!
11-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I think if you added a Lite version, i'd pick up this one, added with water fx and fighting vibrate. Only thing I don't like(from the video) is the reel. I rather one more like Flick Fishing or IFish. Maybe in a further update you can include the option to choose between?
11-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President Mika View Post
I think if you added a Lite version, i'd pick up this one, added with water fx and fighting vibrate. Only thing I don't like(from the video) is the reel. I rather one more like Flick Fishing or IFish. Maybe in a further update you can include the option to choose between?
I don't think it really needs it, I have both Flick fishing and iFishing. They are both different games in their regards. But the constant "reeling" gets old for me. For iFishing the one finger hold makes it more enjoyable in my opinion...
11-22-2008, 05:44 AM
I have just downloaded. Having a good play!

[EDIT] I like the changes. The water is the first most obvious change. I agree with your last comment on the old thread-

"It is a little better but won't be as dynamic as Flick Fishing's different animations for each location"

The thing is, you are overlaying the animated water effect over the static water in the photo. So you still have static waves as well as your animated waves. My idea (from the last thread) was to remove the water from the photos, and have animated water behind the photo of the rest of the background. But the problem with my way would be with the removal of water in the photo, the shadows of trees etc in the water would also be removed. So either way wouldn't be perfect I suppose. I think you have done the best you could do with what you have, and that's fine. At least we do actually have some movement on the screen now right?
I still think you could do with implementing a slack like when you are not fighting a fish. When you are waiting for a strike, it looks kind of funny that the line still looks like something is pulling it as it isn't slack, know what I mean?
Other than that, great changes. I am glad you have implemented fish fight based on actual size of the fish rather than the maximum size for that type, which is what I assumed you had done in the first place tbh. It's great you have added an in-game guide too.
Well done Chris. Thumbs up from me

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 11-22-2008 at 06:00 AM.
11-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Really great update but one thing still bothers me: The fish finder shows plenty of fish but your fishing guide says that the place is fished out.
11-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Keep in mind the way a fish finder works. It scrolls so you see a history of what's behind the boat as you're motoring. You may need to go back to the spot with the big fish. Unless you're stationary it's not going to be 100% reliable. This is just like real life

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
11-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Really great update but one thing still bothers me: The fish finder shows plenty of fish but your fishing guide says that the place is fished out.
Yes I think this needs to be nipped in the bud once and for all. I have found this happening quite a few times myself, and I am wondering if it's because we don't give the finder enough time to update when we move. Chris, could you please clear this up? It's obviously something that causes confusion (there was enough mention of it in the old thread).

[EDIT] You're quick! I see you already answered before I posted this.
11-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
Keep in mind the way a fish finder works. It scrolls so you see a history of what's behind the boat as you're motoring. You may need to go back to the spot with the big fish. Unless you're stationary it's not going to be 100% reliable. This is just like real life
Ok, I don't fish in real life so I did not know that.
If this is how it works in real life however I'm ok with it.

I have to say with the update this is easily the best fishing game out there. I mean Flick Fishing is awesome and everything but it just can't compete with iFishing.