★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Toy bot diaries out! (now $1.99)

08-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to mikeadams
Toy bot diaries out! (now $1.99)

3.99 in the app store
08-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Send a message via AIM to matt
Looks pretty neat, I will wait for a gameplay video or review before purchasing.

Anyone have any details on how well the gameplay is?

@mmccarty

Gameloft LIVE: mattmccarty

08-13-2008, 12:17 AM
08-13-2008, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
must downloadddd
08-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Happy Happy

I am glad those of you that have played it are enjoying it!
We loved making it and E2 is going to be even more exciting.
08-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylo Smith View Post
I am glad those of you that have played it are enjoying it!
We loved making it and E2 is going to be even more exciting.
Do you guys have a time frame on the releases of the next level pack? Also do we have to buy each pack that comes out or is it an update? It's a great game, but I'm already half way through it in less than an hour.
08-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonzar View Post
Do you guys have a time frame on the releases of the next level pack? Also do we have to buy each pack that comes out or is it an update? It's a great game, but I'm already half way through it in less than an hour.
At this point and time we are in discussion and assessment for the delivery date and cost of E2. I can not provide more on this subject currently.
08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
My expectation is that it will be a separate app (not an update) and will cost comparably. I think the episode decision is quite smart.

Obviously you need the right game for it, and it has to be a good game, and I think Toy Bot qualifies. I'm excited to see the next chapters... (once I get past this current one).

arn
08-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
My expectation is that it will be a separate app (not an update) and will cost comparably. I think the episode decision is quite smart.

Obviously you need the right game for it, and it has to be a good game, and I think Toy Bot qualifies. I'm excited to see the next chapters... (once I get past this current one).

arn
That was my guess too, but you can't fault a guy for trying. I think the game is good too, but perhaps not quite long enough. I was glad to see the difficulty pick up a bit in the sewer.
08-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey, I love the game. Just a quick suggestion though - I would love two thing.

The first, a minor update - I would really like it if there was an audio-free mode. I play on a iPod touch so I can't always listen, and sometimes I like to listen to my own music. The main thing I would want out of this is a visual way to tell whether or not the magnet boots are activated. When I don't have audio, it can be very difficult to tell whether or not I have my boots without jumping on stuff randomly, which can be frusturating.

Second, and this would be a whole new feature for a new entry, but I would love a level creator. Not a huge level, like yours, but a level that only takes up one or two screens. Users would be able to create their own puzzles, and share them with the world. I think that would be awesome, add a ton of value and replayability to the game.