★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 9 Pages on ipod

11-21-2008, 11:36 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: L-Dot, Ontario
Posts: 246
9 Pages on ipod

Hey guys.

You know how you can only have 9 pages of apps on the ipod/iphone? My question is, if i add the categories app, that lets you put an app for all games, and so on, can i get more than 144 apps on my ipod? Like I can put all games in one folder, then i can put like 200 games on it? I just thought about that now but im not sure if it can happen.
11-21-2008, 11:37 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath777 View Post
categories app
What app is this? Do u have a link?

11-21-2008, 11:38 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
What app is this? Do u have a link?
Thats what im wondering too?

"Insert generic signature here"
11-21-2008, 11:40 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
Thats what im wondering too?
its the jailbreak app. As far as I know, you can put as many apps in that folder as youd like.
11-21-2008, 11:41 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubit86 View Post
its the jailbreak app. As far as I know, you can put as many apps in that folder as youd like.
Oh, then probably yes...
11-21-2008, 11:44 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: L-Dot, Ontario
Posts: 246
Yeah, this app in on cydia, so can i put 200+ games on it? That would be sick cause i would be able to put anything i want, i have the 32gb ipod touch and i still have 7gb left
11-22-2008, 12:04 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath777 View Post
Yeah, this app in on cydia, so can i put 200+ games on it? That would be sick cause i would be able to put anything i want, i have the 32gb ipod touch and i still have 7gb left
yes you can, I technically have about 12 pages on my 1st gen iphone

You can also use Quick Gold. QG brings up a search bar when you press the home button while on the home screen, you can search contacts, bookmarks and launch apps right from there.
11-22-2008, 12:06 AM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: L-Dot, Ontario
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
yes you can, I technically have about 12 pages on my 1st gen iphone

You can also use Quick Gold. QG brings up a search bar when you press the home button while on the home screen, you can search contacts, bookmarks and launch apps right from there.
THanks! Im gonna do that cause every time i want to download a new app i have to delete one cause my 9 pages are full. That way, i can keep every app and also download even more!
11-22-2008, 12:43 AM
#9
An alternative to keeping downloads is to keep them backed up on your computer, but not installed on your ipod touch. This way you keep the downloads (esp. those 'freebies' that you normally pay for) but don't clutter your springboard.

No one needs 10 versions of Sudoku =P