Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 AM

Thanks for peoples understanding.

It's a sad fact that games like Mutant Storm do not perform well on the App Store - the race to the bottom saw to that. The biggest problem is players move onto the next games very quickly because they can get something for 99c or free, play for a few days then move onto the new releases and keep doing this in an endless cycle. This really kills the word and mouth of recommendations that players give to each other. Games just do not get settled in the chart positions.

The App Store is just a casual market - most hardcore gamers are console users and tend to ignore iOS completely.

Anyway, I'm going to have some fun and do some nice 2d games for a change - something I've been meaning to do for the last year or so.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthNinja View Post
The App Store is just a casual market - most hardcore gamers are console users and tend to ignore iOS completely.
They're not hardcore enough if they restrict their gaming like that! Real gamers should play everything.

I love 2D games though, so you should definitely make lots of those
Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Ninthninja,

Thanks so much for being frank and letting us know. While it makes me a little sad cause Mutantstorm was oh so close to perfection with another update, I can understand the economics involved in the decision.

And I have enjoyed interacting with you here, and playing your game. Too bad this game didn't quite do as well as you liked, maybe it's a little before it's time being ipad only and all. But it is one of the best games on my new ipad, and I am happy that you spent the time to develop such a wonderful game.

Look forward to any of your new games, I'm sure they will be great.

Good luck!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 PM

Thanks for the info. Sad and looks like twin-stick shooter has gone out of fashion nowadays.

Keep up the good work and let us know your next project!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

How is this game running on the ipad 4? Does it run on the ipad mini? If so, it is non retina right?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 AM

The game runs fine on the iPad4 and iPad Mini at 60fps.

The game was optimised to run on the iPad3 retina at 60fps and the iPad4 has no trouble at all running at full retina. Also, the iPad mini runs the game at 60fps on it's native display.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Hey NinthNinja, just wanted to drop in and leave this here if you do check out this thread: I bought Mutant Storm (when it went on sale the one time) in the hope that it'd go universal and was pretty heartbroken reading that it wasn't making enough money and that the game wouldn't be updated.

Fast forward to now: Congrats on making it onto one of TouchArcade's "Best of 2012" lists and thank you for an absolutely amazing iPad-only gem. This thing has earned itself a permanent little spot on my 4th gen iPad.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Hey NinthNinja, just wanted to drop in and leave this here if you do check out this thread: I bought Mutant Storm (when it went on sale the one time) in the hope that it'd go universal and was pretty heartbroken reading that it wasn't making enough money and that the game wouldn't be updated.

Fast forward to now: Congrats on making it onto one of TouchArcade's "Best of 2012" lists and thank you for an absolutely amazing iPad-only gem. This thing has earned itself a permanent little spot on my 4th gen iPad.
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to see Mutant Storm in the top shooters list. Thank you TouchArcade people to include it in the lists
Old 12-31-2012, 11:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthNinja View Post
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to see Mutant Storm in the top shooters list. Thank you TouchArcade people to include it in the lists
any chance it could ever grace iPhones?
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
any chance it could ever grace iPhones?
Hmmm... REALLY hope this was brought up because you know something we don't.