How do you use your bombs?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:58 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPP13 View Post
While you're shooting, tap on the upper right area...
Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPP13 View Post
Two finger tap on the right side of the screen (or just a second finger tap if you already have one finger touching for fire).
Old 06-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well, got through one night playing this game, and I have to say it is quite fun. It does not play much like Inferno, actually it plays like a cross between robotron and cs one by chillingo. Mutant storm does indeed play much like an arcade game.

The graphics and gameplay are very well done for a dual stick shooter. The touchscreen dual stick control are some of the best I have ever played on the ipad. The retina graphics and sounds are top notch.

However, there is no music, and no way to play my ipod music with sounds on. This really dampens the play, since I am used to playing dual stick shooters with pumping rocking music.

Developer, can you please add music, or let me play ipod music with sounds enabled? This game would be in my top 3 if not for this issue, so I hope something can be done on this issue.

Otherwise, the game is fun, starts out a little slow, but I love how this game is made for the new ipad and you have a wide range of enemies including really small ones.

Some of you have asked, which would I buy if I had to choose between this and Inferno.

Well, I would have to say Mutant storm. The gameplay is better, and if you can stand a game that has no music, then you will like it. Inferno while good, all the enemies look the same, so I have to give the nod to Mutant storm for the many different shapes and shooting patterns of the enemies.

But please answer me developers, why no in game music or letting me play ipod music with sound effects on? This could be a classic with this issue addressed. Am I the only one, or are there others here disappointed with the lack of a rocking music soundtrack???

Last edited by Connector; 06-14-2012 at 08:42 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 07:41 PM

Unfortunately keeps crashing on my iPad 3 :-(

Tried installing twice and it bombs out every time at the same point. Select the level and see the screen with the controls. It goes to a single colour of thebackground then just exits out to home screen. Done reboots and as mentioned tried reinstalling, on 5.1.1 if it helps.

Any ideas? Thanks as enjoyed playing MS on other platforms.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:02 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Works great on my ipad 3. Maybe it takes a lot of memory. Have you cleared out your multi-task bar too?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcharo View Post
Unfortunately keeps crashing on my iPad 3 :-(

Tried installing twice and it bombs out every time at the same point. Select the level and see the screen with the controls. It goes to a single colour of thebackground then just exits out to home screen. Done reboots and as mentioned tried reinstalling, on 5.1.1 if it helps.

Any ideas? Thanks as enjoyed playing MS on other platforms.
I'm installing 5.1.1 on my iPad 3 now to see if it has the issue here.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

I installed the 5.1.1 update, played through a few levels on both modes, and no sign of any crashies. Hmmmm....
Old 06-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Works on my new ipad v5.1.1 never crashed once so far.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
But please answer me developers, why no in game music or letting me play ipod music with sound effects on? This could be a classic with this issue addressed. Am I the only one, or are there others here disappointed with the lack of a rocking music soundtrack???
We are here to please Playing your own music will be added to the list. But be warned for iPad1 users this will effect the 60fps framerate - but you can decide what is acceptable by not playing music.

Josh is looking into the iPad3 owners crash... This is a weird one because all the tests on lots of iPad3s went through with flying colours. Mutant Storm is very memory intensive... All frame buffers and textures are 32bit colour which really eats into the memory - my advice is don't have much open in your task bar. Safari if open caches all the websites you look at and really takes a lot of memory... Make sure that's not in the task bar.

Hopefully people like the game