Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-28-2012, 10:02 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Do you guys bounce Bux around at an additional "loss" or is it not worth it to do this?

Example:
I'm in Shanghai (my hub) and see a 10 Bux job listed. (I'm not ready to put it on a LA-bound plane)
I'll pop that 10 Bux job onto my "feeder" plane going to nearby Tokyo/Beijing, only to send it right back to Shanghai so I can keep it as a "layover" (cuz otherwise the job would have disappeared when the next Shanghai job refresh)

Yes, this is a real example. I just saw 10 Bux listed in Shanghai.

Now I'm curious. What is the highest Bux job you've ever seen?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelbond View Post
Can't someone please answer my question? Don't anyone know what to do? If u don't know what i written, look my last post. I can't play before i know what to do.
how many airports do you have? If you can sell LA, that will give you around 20,000 coins and maybe scrap some planes in your hangar for the remainder??
Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to jdrawmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post
Do you guys bounce Bux around at an additional "loss" or is it not worth it to do this?

Example:
I'm in Shanghai (my hub) and see a 10 Bux job listed. (I'm not ready to put it on a LA-bound plane)
I'll pop that 10 Bux job onto my "feeder" plane going to nearby Tokyo/Beijing, only to send it right back to Shanghai so I can keep it as a "layover" (cuz otherwise the job would have disappeared when the next Shanghai job refresh)

Yes, this is a real example. I just saw 10 Bux listed in Shanghai.

Now I'm curious. What is the highest Bux job you've ever seen?
First of all, IF you take a job from shanghai to tokyo and then back again and unload it, it won't be a layover - or at least in my experience. It seems to remember where the job originated!

Secondly, yes - I do chuck my bux around, because I have about 6 planes that just run around picking up jobs so I know, eventually, a plane will reach it and pick it up.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrawmer View Post
I'd say get rid of them. They could be used better elsewhere, and it will mean your airports jobs will be more focused, which might mean you don't need to upgrade them at all!

You don't necessarily have to replace the airports. The less the better really.
Okay I opened up Chengdu near Beijing that way my Equinox can go to london.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

How many planes are people using to service their long haul routes?

I've currently got a Fogbuster, a Sequoia, a Cyclone and a Tetra - and even though i've reduced the length of the haul, i'm still finding i'm EASILY filling up the layovers, so think I might add another Cyclone!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
iPhone 4

So it's still in preliminary testing (and I spent a ton of coins to change it up) but I'm finding at least a 1k per hour boost on my fog busters by using Sao Paulo - Seoul. So route is Sao Paulo - Kimshasa - Mumbai - Seoul. Tokyo to feed Seoul and Santiago to feed Sao Paulo. Everything Pear and up can run each stretch of the route. Not as high numbers per flight as LA to Asia but much shorter flights. Beauty is in the linearity of it, using distance calculator posted previous on here, it's only 1 mile out of route, whereas you lose over 200 going too far north on the NY - London - Tehran bump
Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadsit View Post
So it's still in preliminary testing (and I spent a ton of coins to change it up) but I'm finding at least a 1k per hour boost on my fog busters by using Sao Paulo - Seoul. So route is Sao Paulo - Kimshasa - Mumbai - Seoul. Tokyo to feed Seoul and Santiago to feed Sao Paulo. Everything Pear and up can run each stretch of the route. Not as high numbers per flight as LA to Asia but much shorter flights. Beauty is in the linearity of it, using distance calculator posted previous on here, it's only 1 mile out of route, whereas you lose over 200 going too far north on the NY - London - Tehran bump
Sounds like a good idea! I'd probably do the same were it not for the hundreds of thousands i'd lose in selling my upgraded airports and buying / upgrading the ones on the mentioned path.

Although not part of the straight line, do you not think using buenos aires would be better to feed sao paulo, being a class 3? Honolulu was terrible for feeding LA, so i changed my route so that it was NYC --> Beijing instead.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:34 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea! I'd probably do the same were it not for the hundreds of thousands i'd lose in selling my upgraded airports and buying / upgrading the ones on the mentioned path.

Although not part of the straight line, do you not think using buenos aires would be better to feed sao paulo, being a class 3? Honolulu was terrible for feeding LA, so i changed my route so that it was NYC --> Beijing instead.
Yeah I think I lost well over 600k changing the route. But it was bugging me not to try. I might add buenos aires as a feeder later (and perhaps another final destination once I get planes that can easily do BA - Kimshasa jump). I'm hoping Santiago can continue to feed even as a Class 2 because of the 7.2 mil pop vs 4 of Honolulu but I'll have to see
Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:

Okay so you did move to NYC. I considered that but really wanted to see if South America route would work before I invested too too much. LA to Asia wasn't ideal, and I thought I could maintain a larger total distance with Sao to Seoul
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadsit View Post
Okay so you did move to NYC. I considered that but really wanted to see if South America route would work before I invested too too much. LA to Asia wasn't ideal, and I thought I could maintain a larger total distance with Sao to Seoul
Yeah it makes total sense, and if your findings show 1k per plane (i assume?) difference, then that's great... On the downside, that would be 2-3 days+ of playing time just to make the cost of setting that up, back!

By the way guys - feel free to add me on GC!

jdrawmer