Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-13-2012, 01:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I really need the update to hit. I want to de-commission my Birchcraft feeders, but not if they're going to lose the upgrades!

Also, I have starship engine and controls, would trade either (or both) for a SeaKnight. I really want another of those. Also have 2x P-40 warhawk controls available.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:14 PM
iPhone 4

I am also struggling with mystery parts. Only 1 so far, in both the Sea Knight event, and currently the Starship one.

I have tried looking through each airport when it refreshes. Unfortunately, due to the buggy map always opening in the same place (not where I had viewed it last), meaning having to scroll around again to get to the next unchecked city, and the fact I have 20 airports to look through, means that by the time I have finished there is <1 to the next refresh!

Game really needs a way to scroll through the airports in the same way we can scroll through the aircraft
Old 07-13-2012, 01:14 PM

Willing to trade a full P-40 Warhawk for a FULL Tetra-M or P. (No C)

Please be honest with me with this trade. I could really use a Tetra-P or M.

Not a Cargo.
Not a Cargo,

GC: KitFisto22
Old 07-13-2012, 01:16 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattle View Post
After lurking these forums for a while now I've come to realize that I'm terrible at this game lol. I have all of my beginning planes that you begin with along with a few others (Mohawk, Sea Knight). Im level 11 with many west coast airports bought. I have one in SA (Santiago). My average income is only 14000 a day. I have 190 Bux.

Is there a guide on what to do haha? I'm still confused on what people refer to as feeder planes and how one layovers.

Any help is much appreciated.
So just a few general tips that might help you get things more streamlined and profitable:

1. Don't open airports for the sake of opening airports. More airports is not always better. I'm lvl 38 and only have 7 airports open (of a possible 40) with a daily average income of 2,039,813.

2. Try to make sure your airports follow a line or path or plan. Try to make sure your airports all kind of progress from point A to point B. If you have a mashed up web of airports then you get a bunch of different jobs that make more or less that same amount and your planes just end up going all over the place in a very inefficient manner. You say you have "many" airports in N.A., I would imagine it's fairly webby. I would recommend trying to make a route from Seattle or some other northish west coast city to Santiago, then plug in airports in that general path.

3. Don't open airports right next to each other (unless you're feeding!). If you have seattle, don't open portland or spokane. I think most airplanes can go Seattle to San Francisco. Go step by step to Santiago. Then you can start dong the seat-hopping method. Start a plane in the north and fill as many seats to Santiago as possible, then start filling to the next most profitable port along your route. Once you're full, fly to the closest port that you have people for. When they unload, try to fill for Satiago and any other port you have people for. With any luck by the time you get close to Santiago you'll be able to fill the plane completely up with Santiago Bitizens for the bonus and pay off. Then turn around and do it again the other way!

This strategy actually makes slightly more money in general than feeding, so I would recommend doing it until you're higher level and have bigger planes that make feeding viable.

4. Feeding. In feeding you use smaller planes (feeders) to bring bitizens to a father-away airport to "feed" a larger plane. One of my North America to Asia routes goes from New York to Beijing. Servicing this route I have 3 feeder planes, two Aeroeagles and One Sequoia (all M). One Aeroeagle goes from Chicago to New York. In Chicago it picks up bitizens that want to go to Beijing. Once it's full it goes to New York and drops them off as layovers. Then it fills up with as many Chicago people as possible, I generally don't wait for full, and flies back. It does this back and forth forever. My other two planes go from L.A. to New York doing the same thing. Then I have larger planes (Cyclones) that take those Beijing bound bitizens and fly them to Beijing. In Asia I have a similar set up using Tokyo and Shanghai (if you're doing just one route I would recommend Tokyo and Seoul). You use layovers because it ensures that your big planes stay in the air as much as possible. Using this method I have 8 cyclones that can fly pretty much non-stop with a full 25% bonus without any waiting.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF1sh View Post
Also: what are mystery parts?
A cargo item that randomly appears in your airports. It will give you a part of whatever plane is the reward for the global event (currently a starship).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR3NADE View Post
I can not get possitive profit with Starship. Any tips?
It doesn't generate a profit because it costs so much to fly, speed as well as weight affect the cost of flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
Is the Sequoia the most cost efficient class 3 jet to use?
Yes, based on straight line distance.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitFisto22 View Post

Not a Cargo.
Not a Cargo,

Really eager so BUMP!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:

Not a Cargo.
Not a Cargo,

I have Tetra M Engine and Body at the moment and need a P-40. Can we do the trade, and as soon as I get the controls I will send them on too?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Really eager so BUMP!
Please don't do this. There is a parts trading thread, go to it:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=139281
Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Anyone interested?
A whole Huey for a Starship control

GC iD: Anonymous4245
Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I agree with Akpak, stop with the trade requests in this thread, go to the trade thread instead.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=139281