Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlePage View Post
On the where we are loading/unloading passengers/cargo, is there a quick way to scroll to the bottom of the screen? Or to tap unload without scrolling down? I'm unloading Ottawa P/C in New York and the unloads are right at the bottom of the screen.

(In the same vein, is there a quick way to get to the bottom floor of Tiny Tower?)
No, no, and no. Annoying, isn't it? For loading up cities with layovers, sometimes I'll pick up one job for that city and the rest for the event city. This creates an open slot when the plane lands, at which point I'll tap the top-most available job to load it and then tap/hold it to unload everything at once.

I haven't found any such workaround in Tiny Tower. You can zoom right to the top by clicking on the little tab that states how many floors you have, but getting back to the ground floor means scroll, scroll, scroll.

CastlePage and I have been battling for position for much of this event! I've got the lead right now (2567 vs 2501), but am sure it won't last...
Old 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlePage View Post
On the where we are loading/unloading passengers/cargo, is there a quick way to scroll to the bottom of the screen? Or to tap unload without scrolling down? I'm unloading Ottawa P/C in New York and the unloads are right at the bottom of the screen.

(In the same vein, is there a quick way to get to the bottom floor of Tiny Tower?)
I so second that. Please NimbleTim, find a way to immediately go to the bottom of the passengers/cargo list!

leaderboard update, nattles everywhere
1 4538 jonesy
2 4519 Northman
3 4201 exitar
4 4177 kenny
5 4019 nokitano
6 3824 Vic Sark
7 3445 Faye Val
8 3396 ???
9 2738 theodor
10 2651 coastcat

I'm making Bux at an extraordinary pace, I'm at 24800, was at 22500 yesterday (32 hours ago to be exact)!

At 25k I make the exchange, buy 10 more plane slots and flood my Airports with Ottawa jobs lol

Edit : I almost forgot, I found about 35/40 mystery parts (not sure how many as I had already a bunch of Blimp parts)

Edit : Chicago closed again grrr

Last edited by vicsark; 10-09-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 PM
iPhone 4

I hope they increase the number of layovers possible in the next update. 60 isn't enough anymore...

What do you guys think about that?

-PondusFM
Old 10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train2000 View Post
No, the only reason to upgrade Ottawa would be if you're picking up return trip jobs. Upgrading an airport does not increase jobs going to that airport, the only thing that does is advertising at Ottawa.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. But my rate of mystery parts seems to be far less than what it was for the London event, and I had the same number airports generating inbound jobs at that time as I have now for Ottawa. The only difference would be the destination city itself (class 1 vs. class 3), which is why I thought an upgrade might help.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PondusFM View Post
I hope they increase the number of layovers possible in the next update. 60 isn't enough anymore...

What do you guys think about that?

-PondusFM
You need more planes to get the people out of there... They aren't happy about being layed-over. That's why they dont pay as much as the ones already waiting.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Okay, someone has programmed pure evil into the airport closures. First Chicago closed for an hour and I had to reroute everything to NY. I had been sending routes from North/South America to Chicago and Asia to NY. Oops, Istanbul shut down for an hour. Luckily I only had one plane stranded to the east, but that just adds to the many stranded in Chicago. Sigh.

EDIT: Yay, I can move my stranded plane east from Seoul to Istanbul... oh, no I can't. Seoul closed down for an hour when Istanbul opened.

This isn't a game, it's a psychological experiment.

Last edited by coastcat; 10-09-2012 at 05:14 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It's done.
I exchanged 25 000 Bux for 325 000 000 coins!
Bought 11 more plane slots.
Next slot (42th): 52 000 000 coins lol
I'll post the pictures tomorrow, now going to bed (2am here)
Old 10-09-2012, 07:31 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
It's done.
That's awesome! I'm jealous >.<
Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
It's done.
I love the fact people in this forum are starting to do crazy things like this and sending blimps on long flights now whilst waiting for an update
Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastcat View Post
No, no, and no. Annoying, isn't it? For loading up cities with layovers, sometimes I'll pick up one job for that city and the rest for the event city. This creates an open slot when the plane lands, at which point I'll tap the top-most available job to load it and then tap/hold it to unload everything at once.

I haven't found any such workaround in Tiny Tower. You can zoom right to the top by clicking on the little tab that states how many floors you have, but getting back to the ground floor means scroll, scroll, scroll.

CastlePage and I have been battling for position for much of this event! I've got the lead right now (2567 vs 2501), but am sure it won't last...
coastcat:
- that's what I've been doing. randomly tapping on one to unload all.
- there are a couple of ways in Tiny Tower to get to the top. like you said, tap on the number of levels. tap on the zoom too ... when you get out of zoom mode you're still at the top.
- it's been wonderful meeting you on the leaderboard in the last few events. Good company But at the end, you always managed to make it into the top 10 while I'm somewhere in the teens I don't mind not in the top 10. It's the fun of seeing friends (rather than a bunch of numbers).

Quote:
It's done.
LOL 325m coins! I barely have 2m coins. Now looking at 2.1m planeslot.
BTW, Vic, you have more plane slots than I have levels Currently at level 30. I'm hearing the lvl 3x boredom but so far, I'm still chasing coins and plane slots.
Edit: Love to see how you keep all 42 planes in the air. Blimps not counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
I love the fact people in this forum are starting to do crazy things like this and sending blimps on long flights now whilst waiting for an update
Hoggy: I sent first blimp (from first mystery parts) on a 2 day trip which just ended. I was planning a long west-east trip, so initially started at chicago. Made the 21min trip to New York only to realize it cannot cross the atlantic to London. The blimp ended up traversing Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing because I had no other nearer city than Tehran LOL.

Last edited by CastlePage; 10-09-2012 at 08:46 PM..