Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-04-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastcat View Post
Have you completed the Arctic Exposure achievement? If not, load up your class 1 Ms to earn the achievement plus the event bux.
Oh wow, I didnt know that was an achievement. I guess Ill work a bit harder. Thanks for informing me
Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisina View Post
My plan is to do at least 100 jobs, that way I can get the Tiksi achievement done at the same time. I had my big planes filling Seoul with layovers, but the Tiksi round trip takes so long, all my Class 1s are still making the long trek back to Seoul.

Its what I'm doing, figured I can actually do this event, just not as well as I wanted
Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanix View Post
Its what I'm doing, figured I can actually do this event, just not as well as I wanted
You'll do fine, you're sitting right under me at #13. And I was struggling for 21st place in the San Diego event, finished 22nd I think. This one I think if we commit to it, we can make top ten. Unless all the heavy hitters come out of the woodwork and decide to take over the leader board.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisina View Post
My plan is to do at least 100 jobs, that way I can get the Tiksi achievement done at the same time. I had my big planes filling Seoul with layovers, but the Tiksi round trip takes so long, all my Class 1s are still making the long trek back to Seoul.
If you want to speed things up and can spare a few Bux, try boosting you planes when empty on their back trip.
I noticed that boosting my empty Roos back to Shenjiang just after they unloaded in Tiksi (35 minute trip) only cost 1 Bux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post
I'm still using my Class 1 Cargo planes to deliver the remaining Nagasaki jobs ... And then I'll be able to put away those planes and replace with Class 1 Passenger planes. LOL
Why do you even bother?
Just kill the poor b.stards that have been sitting in your airports for 48h!
It's not like you need the coins, just take the last Bux jobs and close up, no?

Last edited by vicsark; 11-04-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 PM

Out of boredom, Ive decided to pretend to be a news reporter for Pocket Planes. Many of you know me as the guy who lets his brain dance wildly. Well, right not its doing the Gangnam right now.

I guess I'll report on events and weather, feature user/airline, and I'm guessing featured flight? still in the works if you guys like this... I'll discuss more later.

Attack this post!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitFisto22 View Post
Out of boredom, Ive decided to pretend to be a news reporter for Pocket Planes. Many of you know me as the guy who lets his brain dance wildly. Well, right not its doing the Gangnam right now.

I guess I'll report on events and weather, feature user/airline, and I'm guessing featured flight? still in the works if you guys like this... I'll discuss more later.

Attack this post!
Yes Yes ! I need someone to take over my reporting job. I was too busy to do much. I haven't put in a single plane (Bought Tiksi, then realize I need more cities)
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Was going to sit this one out, but forgot about the Achievement, so I might just do enough to get that done. Just added a London/Paris -> Rio/Sao Paolo route and got my planes back running their regular routes so it'll probably be a slow haul since I don't want to reorganize again to really go hard at it.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
Why do you even bother?
Just kill the poor b.stards that have been sitting in your airports for 48h!
It's not like you need the coins, just take the last Bux jobs and close up, no?
hmmm that is a good question! I usually kill the low value jobs. This time I couldn't bring myself to kill off the 1900 coin Nagasaki jobs, cuz I get 7000 coins by delivering 3 in a Mohawk. And my city was full of these layovers.
I've finally cleared them out, picked up Mohawk P parts in the market and I'm now back in business. currently ranked #10 with 112 jobs delivered to Tiksi. Going to bed soon, I'll prolly drop down to Top 25 by the time I wake up.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Ok.

Back from LA, weekend house guest was just dropped off at the Victoria Clipper terminal, and I am at work.

Time to get serious about some Pocket Planes!

-----

Also, where are we all at on the race to 44,500 BUX? I haven't made as much progress as I had hoped, but I am currently at 17,708. Everyone else check in!

Last edited by Slightlynorth; 11-05-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightlynorth View Post
Ok.

Back from LA, weekend house guest was just dropped off at the Victoria Clipper terminal, and I am at work.

Time to get serious about some Pocket Planes!

-----

Also, where are we all at on the race to 44,500 BUX? I haven't made as much progress as I had hoped, but I am currently at 17,708. Everyone else check in!
I'm at 52,875 but I don't have the heart to trade them in yet! (would be 1,424,320,312 coins!)

I think I'll probably do a single bank exchange when I've completed the Airpedia checklist and completed the 44 local event checklist. At that point, I'll have "finished" the game, so it would be a good time to go for the maximum airline value.