★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Shall We Play A Game?

This is THE officially licensed WarGames mobile game!

Step into the role of the iconic WOPR computer as you wage intense battles of Global Thermonuclear War against characters from the movie. Take on David Lightman (played by Matthew Broderick), Jennifer Mack (played by Ally Sheedy), McKittrick (played by Dabney Coleman), and others.

Features:
-Compelling storyline
-40+ levels
-24 Tactics and Mods to make your character more powerful, each with 8 upgradable levels
-GameCenter achievements and leaderboards
-iCloud enabled
-Supports the New iPad and iPhone 5 resolutions

Gameplay:
There are four tile types on the board at any given time. Drag your finger over as many similar tiles to create as long of a chain as possible. The longer the chain the bigger the bonus you'll get or more damage you'll deal to your opponent.

Tile Types:
Nuke - Damage your opponent
Health - Heal yourself
Money - Gain money to deploy tactics against your enemy
Radar - Fills up your bonus meter. Once the meter's reaches 100% you get to choose an instant PowerUp

Enemy Tiles:
Your opponents will deploy tiles onto the board in an attempt to damage you and heal themselves. Match enemy tiles with regular tiles of the same type to damage and eventually destroy them. Enemy tiles are denoted by a pulsing crosshair.

Tactics:
Tactics are instant-use items deployable during battle. They do anything from dealing direct damage to your opponent, destroying enemy tiles, or nuking the whole board. They cost money to use (gain money by clearing money tiles). There are 12 unique tactics, each of which has 8 upgradable levels.

Mods:
Mods give passive bonuses and are always active during battle. Their powers range from increasing the amount of money gained each turn, adding to the value of a completed chain, or giving insane bonuses for completing long chains. There are 12 powerful mods and each one has 8 upgradable levels.

Stay in the loop!
Want to hear what's next from Be-Rad? Have a cool feature you want added? Keep in touch:
Be-Rad's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/BeRadEntertainment
Be-Rad's Twitter: twitter.com/#!/BeRad_Ent

The official WarGames movie Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WarGamesMovie

WARGAMES TM and 1983 METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER STUDIOS INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Echoseven's comments:

06-13-2012, 05:53 AM
To be honest the hole Screenshots seem kinda confusing to me instead of making me buy tha APP

06-13-2012, 06:38 AM
The colours are confusing somehow, looking a bit chaotic, because they're all really bright (esp. in the last screenshot).
I need to see that on screen instead of screenshots.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 06-13-2012 at 06:40 AM.
06-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Interesting that a game is made based on a 30 year old movie. Wonder if The game features any Matthew Broderick soundbites.
06-13-2012, 09:37 AM
been waiting for this! can't wait for it to hit germany!

any impressions yet?
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I canna say that there is much that appeals to me tonight. This might be the only title I'll be checking out, and I do have some reservations. And the interface really is very unattractive, retro vibes notwithstanding.

But if it manages to be a (lesser, most probably) Dungeon Raid with some additional context and sense of persistence, I think it just might be worth some invested time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
Wonder if The game features any Matthew Broderick soundbites.
I actually think it just might. They mention him and the other actors as starring in the game I suppose that creates some weird form of additional appeal

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
06-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Gameplay Trailer added.

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-13-2012 at 10:17 PM.
06-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Hey everyone, hope you enjoy the game. If you have any feedback on WarGames let me know. I'll be making several updates to the game in the coming months. I already have a few things planned but if you have any good ideas or want something streamlined please don't hesitate to contact me.
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Not a fan of retro graphics in any game, so I'll wait for impressions. I do like Dungeon Raid and Witch Wars a lot.

Maybe this is just me, but I feel that a 16 minute trailer is counter-productive, and that 3-5 dense minutes or so is a much better length.

Use The Code JFLF5HT To Get 50% More Coins In Combat Monsters!
06-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Maybe this is just me, but I feel that a 16 minute trailer is counter-productive, and that 3-5 dense minutes or so is a much better length.
You might have to wait till an Official Teaser Trailer get released till then the Gameplay Trailer you have just watched it the only Material you will find on the Internet about the Game and it`s Gameplay...