Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-15-2012, 05:43 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

I wrote the devs, and this is the response I got;

Quote:
I got this from the tech guys...

some performance issues can be related to background processes. If other background stuff is going on it all takes away from frame rate obviously. Not just apps but also iCloud syncing and backup. So depending on how pimped your iPad is - your results may vary a bit.
I also gave them a link to this thread... Hopefully we can get all of this worked out.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 06-15-2012 at 05:51 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 07:02 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Again, it's NOT for the Ipad1. Only Ipad2 or the new Ipad.
Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 PM

I am somewhat sympathetic with the developer, given that the game is a port of an old PC title. There may be legacy libraries or codes that were being used and had to be shoehorned into the iOS. I looked at the game's credits, and I saw an entirely new team working on the iOS version, so there may be technical issues porting the game over as well.

With this said, I concur with previous posts that the framerate and loading times need to be far better optimized. There are plenty of games based on Unreal3 engine that are inherently more complex and yet do suffer the same issues. Some of the loading times are atrocious and completely unacceptable (even without any app running in the background). Thus, one can argue that the hardware is sufficient to run the game, but a lack of optimization is the problem.

The game is quite beautiful and holds up extremely well for a game that is years old. Some texture are very blurry up close, but the sceneries are beautiful from afar.

I agree that we should encourage the developer to fix these issues. Still, for any gamer who loves adventure games, this is a must buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

I got this from the tech guys...

some performance issues can be related to background processes. If other background stuff is going on it all takes away from frame rate obviously. Not just apps but also iCloud syncing and backup. So depending on how pimped your iPad is - your results may vary a bit.

I also gave them a link to this thread... Hopefully we can get all of this worked out.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

the framerate and loadtimes i can live with its not a fast paced game, im not gonna die from getting sniped due to lag lol...but fix the text in the books,notes, diagrams hard to play the game when you can barely make out some of it and you really need to be able to see it as the game is all about reading and figuring out clues from them and the notes left.... EYESTRAIN!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusionaltool View Post
the framerate and loadtimes i can live with its not a fast paced game, im not gonna die from getting sniped due to lag lol...but fix the text in the books,notes, diagrams hard to play the game when you can barely make out some of it and you really need to be able to see it as the game is all about reading and figuring out clues from them and the notes left.... EYESTRAIN!
100% agree. I was going to try to actually read the books this playthrough, but it's too much of a strain Surely the devs would have noticed this at some point?

Shame this has to spoil what is otherwise a beautiful game.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Shame this has to spoil what is otherwise a beautiful game.
Totally agree with you guys regarding the low-res graphics. I mean, how could they possibly think this is acceptable - it is bordering on unreadable.

Even if they had to rework some of these graphics from scratch, it wouldn't involve much work at all, as demonstrated here. This was just quickly done in Photoshop in a few minutes.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:51 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Maybe the Devs can hire you, to do all of them
Looking way better
Old 06-16-2012, 10:37 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Well, I can't get Cyan Worlds to come over here and post, but I can pass along the link they posted for support requests over on their Myst Online forums: http://support.cyanworlds.com/
Old 06-16-2012, 10:58 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The devs are following.

Thanks for the great comments. They definitely help us set priorities for the update.

As for lag, naturally there is quite a bit to load (and unload), but lots of background processes can really affect the framerate. Try restarting your iPad or even airplane mode, and let us know if that helps.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Welcome to the forum Devs.

I hope you can realize some of the items.
Mainly builtin hint system. for on the road.. Don't have always internet connection