★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tankz ($0.99) - Out Now!

05-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Tankz ($0.99) - Out Now!

iTunes Link ($0.99)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Tankz is a fast paced arcade styled single player hover tank fighting game where you control one of three futuristic hover tanks in a non-stop battle against enemy towers and tanks, while you search for and collect all of the flags to complete the game.

Enemy tanks patrol areas of each level, but if you get too close or shoot them from the distance, they will hunt you down and destroy you. Watch out for enemy proximity mines that get dropped around the level.

Tankz Features:
  • Three differing hover tanks to choose from with varying speed and turn capabilities due to size and weight.
  • Awesome 3D levels including higher platform areas you can get onto.
  • Cool particle effects and projectile trails.
  • Very fast and responsive single finger movement controls including tilt to turn, forward & reverse, and sideways movement to strafe.
  • Controls can be set for left or right handed players.
  • Two game play modes... Best Time and Best Score.
  • Easy and Hard game play modes for those that really need to feel the pain!
  • Tap your tank to switch between 1st person and 3rd person modes.
  • Hover pads for health regeneration.
  • Jump pads to jump you on to higher level areas.
  • In game music, or turn music off in games options to hear your own iPod tracks during game play.
  • Global high-score ladder to compete against player around the world.
  • Scores are saved locally if no internet connection is available and then uploaded when the internet is available, so you never lose your scores!
  • Tracking of shooting accuracy % as well as game achievement stats (for use in a future version, stay tuned).
So between the 3 levels, 2 difficulties, 2 game play modes and 3 tank types, there is plenty of variety for everyone!

New levels and campaign modes are already in development including new enemies, player weapons and pick-ups.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!

Last edited by salsamd; 05-25-2009 at 05:41 PM.
05-25-2009, 04:52 PM
ckickgamer!!aka chillingo!!

this is my signature people get over it...

05-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
ckickgamer!!aka chillingo!!
Well there's a good sign that the game is good, chillingo has delivered noting but quality thus far.
I am going to hold of for now although the game looks pretty good, it's not an introductory price or anything, why rush?
I jumped the gun on that Sheep TD game and now regret it, definitely not as good as most TD games out there and the upcoming Star Defense.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
Well there's a good sign that the game is good, chillingo has delivered noting but quality thus far.
Seriously? Perhaps you missed this thread from yesterday about Hacker
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=13868

Chillingo is one of the most inconsistent publishers.. about 1/2 their games are good.
This game does look good compared to other tank games for 99 cents.
05-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I really thought the dev told us this would be multiplayer.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Oh wow. This is kind of like an expanded version of Thalion's classic Trex Warrior, which was one of my favourites on the Atari ST. I'm going to have to see if I can check this out.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-26-2009, 12:02 AM
This looks amazing!!! To hover and fire while watching out for land mines and picking up flags... to good to be true.

Bought.
05-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I really thought the dev told us this would be multiplayer.
Hey Rich,

No, never mentioned it was multi-player, only single player. Though, you never know your luck in a big city :-)

I am glad you are all liking it so far, Tankz has a very promising future, with version 1.1 all ready in production, with a campaign set of levels, new enemies and well... you'll find out more soon!

Seon R :: Lead Code Monkey
3 Sprockets - Website
Twitter: @3Sprockets
05-26-2009, 05:53 AM
Looks sweet. The engine sound reminds me of Stunt Car Racer for the Amiga - Imiss that game ...
05-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seonr View Post
Hey Rich,

No, never mentioned it was multi-player, only single player. Though, you never know your luck in a big city :-)

I am glad you are all liking it so far, Tankz has a very promising future, with version 1.1 all ready in production, with a campaign set of levels, new enemies and well... you'll find out more soon!
I apologize for the mistake, maybe I was THINKING this game would be perfectly suited for multiplayer

Good luck and success to you, seonr.

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon