★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iTD 1.1 Available

11-22-2008, 02:20 AM
iTD 1.1 Available

Hey All,

We are happy to announce iTD 1.1 is now available through the App Store! Make sure to go try it out, and if you haven't gotten iTD yet now is a great time.

New features in 1.1:
  • New Towers
  • Improved Graphics
  • Hud redesign with Pause and Exit buttons
  • Japanese localization
  • Bug Fixes and Game Balancing

Visit the app store now!

Last edited by jonaswills; 11-22-2008 at 02:43 AM.
11-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Huzzah! This update looks really meaty. I'ma dig into it, and share my thoughts on it later.
11-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Agreed! It looks awesome and the Pause and Back button are a great addition. I like the look of the towers, but it makes me wonder if we can expect a similar graphics update for the enemies.

And I'm thinking maybe the font on the top left is a bit too round compared to the font of the Tower select section? It looks a bit too sweet for the game.

Now let's see if I can finally come up with a strategy to get past the Back Bend level.........
The new towers seem to be too expensive to use in the beginning of the level, and they shoot rather slow as well. So you'd need a lot of them, which means you've got to have massive amounts of money. Best to start with the old yellow towers (400 + 400 + 400 + 400 etc.) and the red towers I guess?

Stefan
11-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
Agreed! It looks awesome and the Pause and Back button are a great addition. I like the look of the towers, but it makes me wonder if we can expect a similar graphics update for the enemies.

And I'm thinking maybe the font on the top left is a bit too round compared to the font of the Tower select section? It looks a bit too sweet for the game.

Now let's see if I can finally come up with a strategy to get past the Back Bend level.........
The new towers seem to be too expensive to use in the beginning of the level, and they shoot rather slow as well. So you'd need a lot of them, which means you've got to have massive amounts of money. Best to start with the old yellow towers (400 + 400 + 400 + 400 etc.) and the red towers I guess?
Glad you are liking it :-)

The new lightning towers are designed mostly to put near the end to eliminate anything that manages to get passed all your other stuff. You don't have to update them all the way for them to be very good either. They play a different role in the later levels of endless :-D