★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 10 Pin Shuffle

05-25-2009, 05:32 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
10 Pin Shuffle

[App Store Link, 3.99]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
10 Pin Shuffle contains two great games in one, played in a realistic 3D environment:

[1] Regular table Shuffleboard that you’ve enjoyed in the local bar. Play against a friend or a computer controlled opponent trying to out-shuffle each other’s weights or blast them off the table.

[2] Shuffle Bowling with real 3D pin physics! Similar to regular 10 Pin Bowling except played on a shuffleboard table using weights/pucks instead of a bowling ball. The powerful "Newton" 3D physics engine provides the most realistic pin collisions of any ten pin bowling game available on the App Store to date. Play on your own, against one of several computer controlled opponents of varying skill levels or against a friend. If you liked Wii Sports Bowling then you're going to love your 10 Pin Shuffle bowling experience.

For non American readers, shuffleboard is a fun and popular game found in many bars around America. It's played on a long smooth table sprinkled with "shuffleboard wax" to create a very low friction surface that the shuffleboard weights can easily slide on. Each player takes it in turns to slide four weights as far as they can down the table without landing in the gutters. The person who shoots the furthest each round wins the points. It's similar to the sport of curling without having to suffer the indignity of running after your puck and polishing the ice with a funny looking brush. Shuffleboard is a fun, skill game in its own right and if you haven't tried it before then give it a whirl !

10 Pin Shuffle Features:

* Impressive 3D graphics.
* Real 3D physics engine and accurate pin physics.
* Realistic sound effects and crowd reactions.
* Listen to your iPod music library while you play.
* Bowling statistics updated and saved each game.
* Turkey rewards and winners animations.
* Unlock new opponents of increasing skill levels.
* Resume game if iPhone is interrupted.
* Works on all iPhones and iPod touch models.
* Two fun games for the price of one !

Please visit our website at http://www.10PinShuffle.com for additional screenshots and video clips of the game play.

From Digital Smoke, developers of the popular Solitaire City range of games, also available on the iTunes App Store.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

Last edited by eggzbacon; 05-26-2009 at 06:56 PM.
05-25-2009, 05:58 PM
looks pretty cool, better than Shufflepuck or Shuffleboard. I don't know how well the game plays out though. Anyone willing to TOFTT?

05-25-2009, 06:00 PM
05-26-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm actually thinking about buying this game after watching the video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

The graphics look great and the physics look very accurate. I really wish some of the bowling games in the App Store would add physics as good as these (I'm still waiting for Flick Bowlings 1.2 update). The game looks like it's worth $3.99 but at the moment I can't justify that so I'll probably wait for a price drop.

Anyone want to TOFTT though?

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Fantastic

This is my new favorite iDevice game. It really is two games in one: a traditional shuffleboard game, and a second mode that combines shuffleboard with bowling. Both modes offer several variations, including competition against several CPU opponents. The realism of the bowling pin action is astoundingly good, and the skill and fun factors are high. I've purchased a couple other shuffleboard games, but this one is in a league of its own.
05-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Wow. I'd only seen the screenshots in the app store, the video makes me want to get it. Looks really nice in motion, blows the graphics of the other 'shufflepuck' game out of the water. (no offense to the devs on it, i played that game for months - really fun). I like the crowd noises a bit, but I would think that could get old. Is there an option to turn it off?

edit: oh man, they even got that "thwump" sound right of the puck hitting the table. nice! anyone else playing this?

Plus+ id: holliberry
OpenFeint id: holliberry

Last edited by holliberry; 05-26-2009 at 06:40 PM.
05-26-2009, 06:57 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
I'm actually thinking about buying this game after watching the video:

YouTube: video
The graphics look great and the physics look very accurate. I really wish some of the bowling games in the App Store would add physics as good as these (I'm still waiting for Flick Bowlings 1.2 update). The game looks like it's worth $3.99 but at the moment I can't justify that so I'll probably wait for a price drop.

Anyone want to TOFTT though?
Thanks for the vid, added it to the 1st post.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
05-26-2009, 06:58 PM
This game is terrific !

I already had their Solitaire City Deluxe game so I was expecting this to be really polished....and it sure is...That Solitaire game is nice too.

I have all the bowling apps for the iPhone (fun to do in short spurts)...and this is by far the best one I have played....The sound effects and crowd cheering....and CRICKETS chirping the sound of silence (if you do BAD...lol)...really add a lot to the atmosphere of the game
05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Have to agree, this is nicely done. Takes no time to get into a game - as opposed to soemthing like Midnight Bowling which takes 1 1/2 hours to load up and be ready to play. Plus it's only 6.8 mb, as opposed to the 78.8 mb for Midnight. I was playing Action Bowling which I thought was the best bowling app in the store from a gameply/physics point of view, but I think I'll be keeping this one on my device for a while.
05-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks for all your comments about our new game. Seems as though people like it. We'll be adding WiFi multiplayer very soon !

Peter Wiseman
(author of Solitaire City and 10 Pin Shuffle)
(owner Digital Smoke LLC)
http://www.digitalsmoke.us