★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: # 1 Music Game: Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria
Top 3 Music Game: U.S., Germany, Egypt

Refreshingly original pocketgamer.co.uk
The animation is slick, the music is lively, and the interactive features are good fun. 148apps.com

Rise to Fame is a unique combination of great music, cool instruments, fast gameplay and challenging rewards!

Become the Rockstar youve always dreamt about with Rise to Fame, the first music RPG on iOS!

Smash your guitar, dodge items the drunken public throws at you, and impress the audience. Perform for cowboys and zombies while traveling the world on your way to fame and glory!

OFFICIAL GAME TRAILER: http://youtu.be/pdfHGJ-aSWg

Game Features:
22 levels to rock your way to the top
7 stages to rock out
Five original rock songs and tough 3D-graphics
Adjust the music with special skills
Rock your gig and earn money and fame
Get the best out of your band with money youve earned:
Buy instruments, drinks and more
Dress your band in outrages outfits
Get access to the best instruments to lift your band to the highest level
More than 20 skills which you can improve on over and over
Fully connected to the entire thumbr mobile social gaming platform

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thumbr
Twitter: http://twitter.com/thumbr

Sanuku's comments:

iPad Version:

iPhone Version:

06-15-2012, 02:38 AM
Bought far to many games this past two weeks, but can't resist..... Downloading now.

06-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Game Impressions

As someone with a link to his own rock band in his signature, there was no way I could get away with not purchasing this. I was hoping for a fun (if light) rock band management simulation, of the kind I remember enjoying back during my desktop days (if only as a projection for my own desire for stardom ).

But there doesn't seem to be much to the gameplay of Rise to Fame. You wach gigs, and activate abilities to either boost crowd satisfaction, or reply to crowd actions (bottle throwing is countered by the drummer launching a deadly cymbal frisbee, etc). And... that's about it. Gameplay might grew a bit more intricate as more abilities are learned, but the basic structure of the game is not very interactive in nature. In between gigs you purchase new outfits, instruments and new abilities for yer little motley crew.

There doesn't seem to be any other simulation aspects, and since the actual gigs are very passive affairs (and I've yet to discover where any kind of skill enters the picture), this is what you get.

(Also, theme-wise, it is a bit confusing to see all the rock, hard rock and metal trappings the game uses to give further character to the very pleasant visual style, but to hear the actual band play soft rock-pop. This is a far more subjective form of criticism, though Though it is kinda cute to see 6'10 metal giants who would have looked more at home at either a Strapping Young Lad gig or a viking raid jump up and down excitedly, japanese fangirl-style, to smooth acoustic guitars and soothing if generic mainstream vocals...)

Had the gig mechanics put a much greater emphasis on both reflex and precision, and on tactical choices and strategy, I think this might have been a very pleasant and very innovative party-based RPG. But a rock band simulation has to do a rather weak job to not even allow a struggling rock vocalist to project his own dreams for all the questionable pleasures of a music career My guess is that most would be better off buying that french match-3 thingie for a 0.99 weekend fix.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 06-15-2012 at 09:22 AM.
06-15-2012, 09:59 AM
How is this an RPG? ...Because there is some character customization, however minor? Shame, this premise looks cool.
06-15-2012, 10:44 AM
How's the IAP? I see a lot of references to coins and "Get Coins" in the screenshots.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Game Impressions

Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
How is this an RPG? ...Because there is some character customization, however minor? Shame, this premise looks cool.
You are right. It`s more an Action Game then an RPG One. It`s still an really, well done One.

Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
How's the IAP? I see a lot of references to coins and "Get Coins" in the screenshots.
The iAP is really unneeded. You can pretty much Grind through the Game without even pressing once that "Get Coins" Button.

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-15-2012 at 02:31 PM.
06-15-2012, 02:14 PM
I would have loved to review this! It looks awesome, but I only have a 3GS.
06-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by twiccan View Post
I would have loved to review this! It looks awesome, but I only have a 3GS.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
Please read the Requirements again. Thanks.

Still unsure why the Developer did wrote !!! Works on iPhones 4 and 4S, iPod Touch 4th gen !!!. They are probably working on an Update to make it work on the 3GS too.

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-15-2012 at 02:36 PM.
06-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Will buy if only you could customize your character from scratch. Looks like it could be a good game, but I'm wanting more. Before I buy sorry.