★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Amazing app idea. Can't program.

05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Amazing app idea. Can't program.

I have an amazing idea for an entertainment app that has the potential to land in the top 10, in lue of the success of similar applications. It would take little programming skills to create. I barely have any programming skills. I am fifteen and I am going to start taking programming classes next year, but right now I know nothing. I feel this idea really could make a lot of money either through selling it at 99 cents or for free with advertisements. If you are interested and have programming skills and have created an app, send me a private message with name of your app, i'll check it out, and maybe we can get something started. Not trying to be cocky, but I am one of the smartest kids in my class and I know I will pick up programming quickly, but I don't want someone to take the idea, so I need to take action now.

Last edited by robertf224; 05-25-2009 at 08:41 PM.
05-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf224 View Post
i have an amazing idea for an entertainment app that has the potential to land in the top 10, in lue of the success of similar applications. It would take little programming skills to create. I barely have any programming skills. I am fifteen and i am going to start taking programming classes next year, but right now i know nothing. I feel this idea really could make a lot of money either through selling it at 99 cents or for free with advertisements. If you are interested and have programming skills and have created an app, send me a private message with name of your app, i'll check it out, and maybe we can get something started. Not trying to be cocky, but i am one of the smartest kids and my class and i know i will pick up programming quickly, but i don't want someone to take the idea, so i need to take action now.
LMAOOOO

You just gave me the teehee's

Currently Playing:Monster Dash, Ninjump, Monorace, Run!, Flying Discs, Bejeweled 2, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Moto X Mayhem, Zombie Escape

Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!

05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
lmaooooooooooooo
crappppppp. hahahahaha. I was typing fast and had a different sentence there. And english isn't my best subject anyway. I'm good at math/science/technology. I just edited it
05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
seriously though if anybody is interested this could rake in some crazy cash for barely any programming work, it's a text based app. I just want polished menus and stuff
05-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Quote:
seriously though if anybody is interested this could rake in some crazy cash for barely any programming work, it's a text based app. I just want polished menus and stuff
Hey Ben and Jerry, I have a great idea for a new flavor of ice cream. Here are my credentials: I went to Harvard, cured cancer, and solved world hunger.

Somebody needs to take you down to earth.
05-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Meh, I'm 14 and this just sounds stupid.

You're 15. If this thing does bring in "crazy cash", do you really think anybody'll trust you to give them their fair share? You can wait on year to learn to program on your own. That way you don't have to worry about how you'll divide the dough, or if the co-dev tries to sue you if he doesn't think he got what he deserves (or is just greedy and deceptive). And like someone in a similar thread said, "Ideas are a dime a dozen." If you're really comitted to the idea, take my advice; shut up about it, and code it on your own.
05-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Meh, I'm 14 and this just sounds stupid.

You're 15. If this thing does bring in "crazy cash", do you really think anybody'll trust you to give them their fair share? You can wait on year to learn to program on your own. That way you don't have to worry about how you'll divide the dough, or if the co-dev tries to sue you if he doesn't think he got what he deserves (or is just greedy and deceptive). And like someone in a similar thread said, "Ideas are a dime a dozen." If you're really comitted to the idea, take my advice; shut up about it, and code it on your own.
yeah the point was that i can't code. I'm just gonna wait. If i did money splitting i would have taken like 40% and given the coder 60% and told them that in the beginning and have apple send them a copy of sales reports or whatver.
05-26-2009, 01:17 AM
ideas are a dime a dozen, getting a person that can code it into a successful came is 90% of the work. the 40 60 split insn't very appealing to us coders.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Quote:
I have an amazing idea for an entertainment app that has the potential to land in the top 10, in lue of the success of similar applications. It would take little programming skills to create. I barely have any programming skills. I am fifteen and I am going to start taking programming classes next year, but right now I know nothing. I feel this idea really could make a lot of money either through selling it at 99 cents or for free with advertisements. If you are interested and have programming skills and have created an app, send me a private message with name of your app, i'll check it out, and maybe we can get something started. Not trying to be cocky, but I am one of the smartest kids in my class and I know I will pick up programming quickly, but I don't want someone to take the idea, so I need to take action now.

Well my my. I am THE smartest kid in my class and I always was! You know why? I am the ONLY kid in my class! LOL, good luck.
05-26-2009, 09:35 AM
yeah, I'm in the same boat, I've got amazing ideas out the wazoo, but no idea how to code them(and yes, I'm fifteen). But what I would suggest is that you use an engine like Torque, which will ease the coding a little bit and just look for help on the forums.

It is impossible to get people on the internet to code for you(for free). believe me, I've tried