★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Closest thing to Pokemon on iPhone/iPod Touch

06-23-2011, 05:30 AM
A gameboy adcance emulator loaded with the suitable games?

Screen Invaders is out now! screeninvaders.com/app

Tweet us
06-23-2011, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
Never played pokemon?!?! Thats like never watching Sesame street! You are either old as hell or had no childhood.
Had no childhood? My childhood consisted of Playing Sports nearly 24/7, I think that the phrasing "Had No Childhood" would be better suited for those that played Pokemon whether it was the card game, Gameboy game or watching the show.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App and Game reviewer and news writer. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy Game Center: Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

06-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
Never played pokemon?!?! Thats like never watching Sesame street! You are either old as hell or had no childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Had no childhood? My childhood consisted of Playing Sports nearly 24/7, I think that the phrasing "Had No Childhood" would be better suited for those that played Pokemon whether it was the card game, Gameboy game or watching the show.

I actually haven't played a Pokemon game either. But I absolutely LOVED the show.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
This game is a good replacement. you could try, sorta pokemon-ish - http://geosociety.mobi
06-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post

I did both.
I had my gameboy out while I was playing tackle football.
Thats how you play the damn game!
07-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RMILLION View Post

And MrThreeCats and triggywiggy only helped provide more reasons why your rumor is so highly dubious and illogical.
Well here's your proof. New Pokemon game. It's a spin-off, but it's still a Pokemon game.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystikSun View Post
Well here's your proof. New Pokemon game. It's a spin-off, but it's still a Pokemon game.
It's still not a Pokemon game in the truest sense of the word. Nintendo released a mobile phone Pokemon game prior to this one. But it's still not a true Pokemon game, which is what the OP was originally looking for. And which will still not happen.
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RMILLION View Post
It's still not a Pokemon game in the truest sense of the word. Nintendo released a mobile phone Pokemon game prior to this one. But it's still not a true Pokemon game, which is what the OP was originally looking for. And which will still not happen.
But you forgot that "a Pokemon game in the truest sense of the word" was not being discussed by RedMattis. He simply stated "Fortunately there might actually be an official pokémon game coming to the iPhone, or so the current rumor in the indie game development scene goes."

This is official. It's a Pokemon game. It doesn't go with the main series line, but it's still an official Pokemon game.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|
07-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Im thinking the OP could clarify, but "closest thing to Pokemon" sounds more like asking for a game where you travel around, collect and trade battle monsters, not a rhythm game where you tap on cards which is what this game is gonna be...

whatever its licensed as it doesn't seem to fit within what someone that's looking for a "pokemon game" would want.

FOLLOW CANDYWRITER ON FACEBOOK