★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WARNING! This is a Japanese language role playing game with no English translation now or ever.

------------------------------------

Shin Megami Tensei II is a video game and direct sequel to Shin Megami Tensei for the Super Famicom released on March 18, 1994 in Japan. It was later remade for PlayStation in 2002, and then for Game Boy Advance in 2003. It is a role-playing video game and part of the Megami Tensei series. Similar to most games in the series, the player is able to persuade demons to join the main characters battle party.

At the end of Shin Megami Tensei, the protagonist decided to create a world where both Law and Chaos would exist equally, and people would have the freedom to choose and believe whatever they wished. Fifty years later, the world was plagued by disasters and over time, the air became unbreathable. Because of this, people flocked to an encapsulated city built by those who preach the Messian religion. That city was called Tokyo Millennium.

This game follows the story of Hawk, a battler in the Valhalla district of Tokyo Millennium. The citizens of Valhalla compete in a tournament in hopes of gaining citizenship in the Center district, which is out of the reach of demons.

Hawk fights in the tournament and wins. He gains citizenship in the Center district and has a personal meeting with the Bishop of the Messian religion. During the meeting, he is told that he is actually the Messiah, who will one day save mankind from the current bleak world and bring about a paradise called the "Thousand Year Kingdom".

Hawk, whose true name is revealed to be Aleph, is sent on missions from the Center to eradicate demons and prepare the world for the Thousand Year Kingdom. Yet while he travels across Tokyo Millennium, he witnesses first-hand the atrocities the Center inflicts on the people and must decide whether to follow his pre-determined destiny or fight against it in the hope of creating something better.

-----------------------------------
WARNING! This is a Japanese language role playing game with no English translation now or ever.

chaos_envoys's comments:

can someone tell the devs to translate both of the games? I really want to play this and the first one....
06-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
WARNING! This is a Japanese language role playing game with no English translation now or ever.
Wow... that's harsh, salt on the wounds. That sort of stance makes me not want to ever support "Index Corporation" or Atlus or whoever is behind the flaunting of desirable JRPGs with no english translations (but something tells me they're not counting on my support).

06-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Wow... that's harsh, salt on the wounds. That sort of stance makes me not want to ever support "Index Corporation" or Atlus or whoever is behind the flaunting of desirable JRPGs with no english translations (but something tells me they're not counting on my support).
yes, the "now or ever" part is terribly harsh.. why did they have to say that? it is really hard to translate it? the can get more revenue this way..

btw, I'm really interested about the landscape and potrait play mode at screenshot #3.. really want to play this game!!!

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android
06-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Yay, a $14 iPhone version of a game I can play for free on an emulator, PLUS the developer sweetens the deal by promising it will never get translated! Where do I sign???

Edit: Why even bother to release this on the US app store? Slap in the face indeed.

Edit 2: For less money you can get Persona 3 on PSN. Enjoy.

Last edited by twiccan; 06-15-2012 at 10:12 AM.
06-15-2012, 10:42 AM
For a series as popular as Shin Megami Tensei, they could probably have it fan-translated and modded for free.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-15-2012, 03:20 PM
is there any way to use snes fan translations on it?
06-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkaeden View Post
is there any way to use snes fan translations on it?
I'm curious about that, too. Just not $14.00 curious.
06-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiccan View Post
Why even bother to release this on the US app store?
More then 1.2 millions people speak Japanese in the USA, considering it doesn't cost any more money to release it worldwide, why wouln't they? Not quite following your logic...

Mission Europa 2 is coming!!!
http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com
06-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
More then 1.2 millions people speak Japanese in the USA, considering it doesn't cost any more money to release it worldwide, why wouln't they? Not quite following your logic...
Yeah, but over a bijillion people in the US speak English. And probably only half of the 1.2 million people who speak Japanese own Apple devices, and probably 1/20 of those people actually buy premium iOS games regularly. So, I don't quite follow your logic either.
06-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
Yeah, but over a bijillion people in the US speak English. And probably only half of the 1.2 million people who speak Japanese own Apple devices, and probably 1/20 of those people actually buy premium iOS games regularly. So, I don't quite follow your logic either.
Because if they get ONE sale out of it it's worth it since it doesn't cost them anything, basic marketing. But since you want to debate, what would be the advantage of not releasing the game in the US?

Mission Europa 2 is coming!!!
http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com