Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-15-2012, 10:19 AM
iPad 2

Default Is tapjoy safe to use?

It looks like it wants to install a app but it's not where my apps go but where my settings are, and if it's safe to use could I install tapjoy then delete it after getting some free credits and then install it later again?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Hi Markku,

This is Saad from Tapjoy.

The Temporary Configuration Profile does is collect very basic data on your device's hardware so that we can correctly refer to it when you take the offers which we present. It doesn't change any settings on your iOS device and it doesn't even leave any lingering traces of a program for you to have to uninstall later on. Let me know if you have any further questions
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

So how do I remove it? Will it be removed with new firmware?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Tapjoy lies

Tapjoy's good but it lies about how much virtual currency u get from doing actions.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Default Tapjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull9119 View Post
Tapjoy's good but it lies about how much virtual currency u get from doing actions.
Can you tell me how Tapjoy lies, if you have an issue reach out to me.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 AM

There is an option where you can go to tapjoy website and uninstall it from there, but I hardly doubt that will work, so what you could to is to reset all settings from your iPod/iPhone, I can't 100% guarantee that it will work( Because of all the tricks tapjoy might install on the iPod/iPhone).
Old 10-28-2012, 03:51 AM

Currency is not given after a request was completed, (3 reasons) apple sells garbage phones, 2. Tapjoy's main servers are are down, or the company itself is terrible. Tapjoy gets incomes from fools who pay real money to get rewards with crazy amount of game currency that the game itself can't even offer. Game companies join tapjoy to become one of the greatest amount of download made in apple history, and in order to do that, tapjoy makes clients download one of the games that other game companies made, in exchange for game currency which they don't give, by doing that, it can confuse the gamer, thinking that they did something wrong, so they go to another offer. Am I wrong?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'd be careful about tapjoy.. I tried it for a while and I actually paid for some apps because the reward was going to be more game credits than if I had bought it as an IAP through the game, then I got no credits rewarded. Emailed them about it and they just told me it had already been awarded when it hadn't. Alot of people stopped using for this reason. So just beware. I don't trust the profiles they install on your device either...apple doesn't usually allow any third party apps as they can pretty much access everything on your device if they wanted to, photos, email contacts everything..Because of that reason, apple is trying to shut down third party programs like it so it coukdntbyou very well be shut down someday.. So yeah I personally wouldn't use it but my experiences were about 6 months ago now so it could have improved.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:35 PM

I like Tapjoy. I mainly use it for Happy Street. Have got loads of Flooz from it. It occasionally doesn't reward me, though.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
iPad mini

To the people wondering about removing it. It sounds like they use a configuration profile, which you can remove from settings, general, profiles, tap on it, tap remove.