★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iRobox - out now

05-25-2009, 11:38 PM
iRobox - out now

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=316397397&mt=8

99 cents - sideways pics are as they were posted

IRobox
Remember Rockem Sockem Robots? IRobox will bring you back to the days when plastic robots fought for supremacy. This simple to master but thoroughly exiting game will have you challenging all the IRobox robots.
Bob, weave, left and right punch your opponent with only one goal in mind....knock his head off! Three rounds of total action. Win two of three rounds and add to your career win totals.

Sharpen your skills now on Version 1!! Version 2 will include 2 player, personalized robots and ability to unlock increased attributes or new robots in comprehensive career mode.

Build your IRobox skills now!!

05-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Guys,
Im the creator of IRobox. It is my first app developed for the App Store so please be kind You actually had this posted here before Apple even notified me that it was out!

Feedback and suggestions are very welcome. I have some neat things in store once Apple releases the 3.0 firmware including multiplayer.

The screenshots and a typo have been corrected. Just waiting for Apple to push this to the store.

Website will be up by the end of the week.

Last edited by Circle65; 05-26-2009 at 01:30 PM.

05-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Looks like fun. Will wait for some reviews.
Welcome to TA, Circle65. Great to see developers here.
05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Looks neat. Im curious about how the unlocking of new attributes will work in version 2. Im adding this one to my watch list
05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Yes, look forward to impressions of this if anyone is willing to TOFTT...
05-26-2009, 01:38 PM
I decided to TOFTT and give this a try. My initial impressions left me feeling like this was a game not quite ready to be released. Some things I noticed right off the bat:

-no sound

-when fighting, sometimes the right punch button doesn't recognize input while tilting the device

-I completed 3 rounds against the blue robot (far left boxer from the menu selection) and when I went back to the boxer selection screen, it didn't account for my 1st win against the blue robot. After beating him in 3 rounds in took me back to the main menu with no "Victory" text or screen. (Is that intended?)

My advice, which I hope you take constructively, should have been to delay the launch of your game until it shows a bit more polish. Whether that means allowing a few people to help test your game out or add more of what you hope to include later on after the 3.0 update arrives.

This is just my own opinion but I feel that launching it now as it stands will leave a sour taste to those that purchased it or were holding back on reviews because the game definitely shows promise if you can manage to incorporate what you hope to implement later on and keep fairly active with frequent updates.

Given the art style of the overall game, as a suggestion, perhaps give the robots some facial identity and/or more detail to give the game a bit more personalization. Take the new "Punch Out" game for the Wii for example. Every fighter is very distinct and I think that would add some nice flavor to IRobox.

I'm giving this version of the game a 2 out of 5 with the hope of seeing frequent updates and the terrific additions like multiplayer you hope to have later on. Still, for 99 cents, its not a blow to my wallet by any means. Keep it up Circle65, we hope you'll keep the TA community involved!

Last edited by Rylin; 05-26-2009 at 01:45 PM.
05-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylin View Post
-no sound
There are sound effects as well as music on the initial screen selection. I also am having someone work on some in game electronic music which should be included in the next version push.

Quote:
-when fighting, sometimes the right punch button doesn't recognize input while tilting the device
I have found that when attempting to fight really fast a punch or two will be ignored. I have been working on correcting this.

Quote:
-I completed 3 rounds against the blue robot (far left boxer from the menu selection) and when I went back to the boxer selection screen, it didn't account for my 1st win against the blue robot. After beating him in 3 rounds in took me back to the main menu with no "Victory" text or screen. (Is that intended?)
Correct. Its is the best of 3 so when you complete three fights it chalks up a single victory. The next version will include a victory screen as well as a more defined campaign mode.

Thank you for your input. All feedback is taken to be constructive and ill keep you all updated to my progress with this.
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Ah good with these updates, this game is sure to get better!

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
05-26-2009, 03:22 PM
I Did this in photoshop real quick just to follow up on the style I mentioned in my last post that may add some needed personality to the game.

Last edited by Rylin; 05-26-2009 at 03:24 PM.
05-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I like that a whole lot. I will be incorporating it in the next version also.

So much to do! Thank you once again for your incredible feedback.